Chapter 40

Chapter 40 A Normal Life

---

'Hours, days, years, and decade,

Time passes and a lot of things change

All the pain will finally be paid,

Of a gentle smile casted by fate.'

---

"Daddy, Daddy!" small voices chirped out amidst the bright living room.

"Mommy, Daddy's home!" came the delighted voice of her daughter, Cecilia.

Their mother laughed as she was forcefully pulled away from her laptop and to her husband.

"Welcome home, Darling," she greeted with a warm smile.

She watched as her husband struggled to carry their twins, Autumn and Summer, and give them a kiss each. Cecilia, feeling left out, let go of her mother's skirt and ran to her father. The toddler strapped to his mother can only look at them curiously, sucking his thumb.

The raven-haired male stood from his kneeling position and walked to his wife to give her a kiss on the forehead.

"How was work, Doctor Nathaniel?"

"Oh, you know, the usual. Patients stabbed by a knife on the stomach and all," he teased her, reminiscing the day they met.

He was working as an intern in the hospital when she was taken to the emergency room. She was stabbed by a robber on the way to her graduation in Ryoutei Academy. Weirdly, she survived despite the blood loss but woke up not remembering anything. Not even her name or any family she's affiliated with. Despite this, the girl seems to be a cheerful one and he was naturally drawn to her.

Things led from one thing to another and before they know it, they were married and have four children.

"What a fruitful day it is then," she laughed. She then looked down at their kids who were busy smiling at their parents.

"Okay, you guys, remember your promise?" she said, using her motherly tone.

"Aww, but Daddy just got home!" Autumn complained, his vibrant crimson eyes tearing up as he pout.

Another peculiar thing was the girl's eye color. When she was first admitted, it was a natural eye color but slowly as she recovered, it turned into a bright crimson. The doctors considered it to be a hemorrhage that caused her pupils to be red but ultimately, they can't tell. After all, the girl can still see well. Her peculiar set of eyes were passed to her children, aside from her youngest son, Apollo who inherited his father's light cerulean ones.

"But you promised me that you'll sleep once he gets home right?" she chastised.

"Boo..." Autumn voiced out while his twin brother was already a few steps towards their bedroom.

Summer, seemingly forgetting something, went back. And without a word, he dragged his brother by the collar, gave his mother a hug as a goodnight, and then walked out the scene with his reluctant twin.

"Augh, I'm pooped," Nathaniel said, smiling as he gave his daughter a pat and walked to their sofa to collapse.

Cecilia giggled at the silliness of her father, says her good nights while taking Apollo from her mother and dashing away to tuck her baby brother in.