Chapter 17

Chapter 17 Arcade

-----

"I spent all of the love I've saved,

We were always a losing game,

Small-town boy in a big arcade,

I got addicted to a losing game,

All I know, all I know,

Loving you is a losing game."

Arcade by Duncan Laurence

-----

“Happy 50th day?”

“Mhmm,” the redhead answered with a gentle nod as he craddled a large cake in his hands.

It was decorated with frostings that were the favorite colors of the girl. A cute replica of two salmons sat next to each other, a small smile nestled on their fish lips.

“And you made this?” she asked, sliding her worn-out glasses away from her face and settling it on her working desk.

Another nod.

“You really went to that baking life, huh?”

“The dough I make is the only thing I can fondle after you chose me,” Laito replied with an exaggerated pout, “Not unless you plan to give me a good 50th day gift?”

“No.”

He chuckled, “I figured.”

“I got really into baking after I made those cookies some time ago,” he honestly replied, “And I really love your smile when you eat something I bake.”

“Smooth,” she lightly commented, trying to suppress the blush that was starting to dust her cheeks by scratching her scalp with an index finger, “ You should save this fancy sh*t for year anniversaries or holidays. I might get tired of it if it gets repetitive. I might leave you when that happens.”

“Nope. Not a chance,” he replied, settling the cake on the working desk’s vacant space, “I will never let you go even if you try to struggle from my grip,”

“You’re mine and I’m yours. For eternity.”

It was definitely not his scene.

He brushed his auburn locks to rid the bits of snow that was getting stuck on it. The night was chilly but it proved to be nothing but a mild disturbance for the redhead. But that's besides the point. He found the experience of going out on Christmas Eve together with the couples of the city to be really really annoying.

“I don’t get why we have to get out, Little Bitch,” Laito said, putting his hands on the pockets of his pants, “It’s cold and your human body can’t really stand this weather,”

The blonde beside him was squirming due to the cold weather, rubbing her hands to create friction that will warm her up.

“But… I want to spend this special night with you,” Yui quietly answered, her porcelain skin dusted with the remnants of a blush.

He gave the girl a tired glare. It annoys him that the human girl couldn’t handle the simple fact that a f*ck buddy will not equate to a lover. At least not for him. He was determined not to get into any relationship that will make him think of everything as if he had control over them. Besides, living in pure hedonism is his core value, no matter how twisted it may sound. He is of no substance if he is to let himself suffer in misery.