Chapter 2

Chapter 2 We F*cked Up

-----

'Where am I?

Everything feels dark.

Am I sleeping?

Or am I dead?

I think I prefer the latter.

I can't take any more of this sh*t.

Just...

Take me away.'

-----

Her pained face. Her betrayed glare. Her clenched fists. Her hateful voice...

Everything was etched deep in his mind. Of course, she would feel that way. He promised her an eternity, after all, and what he gave her were mere months. Yet again, he broke another promise. And above all, to the person, he loves the most.

The redhead released a low growl, completely pissed with himself. "Why do I keep disappointing her?"

...

"Why do I keep hurting the both of us?" he whispered helplessly. "... I just want a happy future..."

"Just why!?" he cried out, punching the wall he was leaning at, making it crack at such brute force.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

------

"Hey, that girl." every Mukami turned their heads towards the blonde who spoke amidst the silence. "She's really not Yui Komori." He held out the evidence for his claim, the journal he picked up, for everyone to see.

His peers visibly flinched at his sudden claim.

"How come she reacted when we told her that she was in favor of Laito Sakamaki?" their "leader" asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"Nah. Yui Komori has or had a little crush on that Sakamaki and this girl is the actual girlfriend."

...

Silence enveloped the hallway where they were situated in. Even the busy banter between one personnel to another was quieted once the four had concluded what had just happened.

"... We f*cked up." The brunette among the group casually summarized, popping a sugar cube in his mouth. "Did someone contact Kaisei already?"

Azusa, the raven-haired male in bandages, didn't say anything for a while and instead leaned on the bleacher he was sitting on. "... I did... He said... that he'll come... as soon as he can..."

"..." Ruki's face was unreadable, his gaze focused on the bright light that screamed 'Emergency Room'. "... We need to tell this to him."

None of his brothers refuted his decision and they all nodded in sync, getting back in their own business afterward.

Yuma idly phased around the hallway in circles, popping diabetes in his mouth every now and then. Azusa mumbled softly to himself, looking fondly at his bandaged arms. Ruki merely stayed standing, still glaring at the glass door separating him and the girl they mistook for Eve.

And then there's Kou.

His expression was ambiguous in nature as he continued to flip through the pages of the journal. He noticed how the journal first had "dear soulmate," as a greeting which soon turned into "dear journal,". Such small detail intrigued him more than intended.