Chapter 30

Chapter 30 More Realizations
-----

"Vampires are known to be idiots when it comes to human emotions.

Humans are known to be weak against vampiric strength.

A creature that lies in the middle has the greater strength of both sides.

Yet also has both weaknesses."

-----

"So you're here." a low yet child-like voice chimed in.

The girl flinched, scooting backward in order to hide further in the thorny rose bushes. She ran away from her troubles once again. However, she realized that doesn't know how to reach the city. She was too stubborn to admit that she needs help after making a scene for rubbing due to the reason of being called a somehow generic Japanese name.

"I'm a leaf," she said in pure stubbornness.

The violet-haired male rolled his eyes in annoyance. The feeling of wanting to kill her came back to him in an instant. She really has a warm infuriating effect on him.

He cleared his throat,

"I was the one to tell you that spot," he nonchalantly said, trying to hide the natural disdain in his voice.

"... I don't remember you though. Sorry."

"I don't need your apology," he angrily replied, tempted to throw the figurine he was carrying on the ground. He tried to calm himself, taking a deep breath and sitting on the ground just beside her poorly hidden form "I want to kill you and turn you into one of my collections for leaving me behind."

"I told you I can't remember--"

"Shut up!"

"Jeez, calm down! Are you in your man-period!?"

"... Ronin, should I kill her?" Kanato asked the doll in his hands.

The girl's eyes widened at the familiar name, making her peek at the man child who was randomly throwing a tantrum while she was in a contemplating state.

Sure enough, in his hands is her beloved ball-joint doll, Ronin.

"How did you get that?" she asked.

"You gave him to me. As a way to thank me for beginning my existence," he blinked at her with his glossy purple eyes.

'What.'

"Uh... Do you mean your birthday?"

He didn't answer her and instead focused his gaze on the doll.

"Despite a large part of me wishing you dead, I think I prefer you alive," he muttered loud enough for both of them to hear, "Subaru said that we all wish for your useless human contentment called happiness... It's really such a stupid thing to wish for."

The girl blinked.

She doesn't know if he's being sentimental about an unknown bond between them or progressing through a monologue before he whips out a knife and stab her to death.

"... Do whatever you want," he finally said, purple pair of eyes being glossed over by tears, "Live a normal human life for all I care, you useless girl."

She wasn't able to process what he was implying before the male took out a teddy bear and handed it to the girl.

'Talk about mood swings, huh.'