Chapter 16

Chapter 16 The Ensnarement Plan

'What can a miserable heart do,

To keep its beloved from leaving,

Its beloved it cannot woo,

Its beloved that seems to be fleeting?

A miserable heart knows nothing but be miserable,

Without its beloved, it cannot live

So its beloved leaving, it cannot able,

So it will do anything,

For its beloved to stay forever.'

-----

Snow gently cascaded down from the sky, landing ever so subtly on the ground. The girl in bundles of clothing couldn't help but release a small smile of delight upon observing such marvelous sight.

"It snowed."

It was Christmas Eve. Couples littered the streets as joyous Christmas love songs played on the radios. Beautiful blinking lights hang around the streetlamps providing a magical atmosphere on the area.

The girl was still in an awed stupor but was brought back to reality as she released a loud sneeze enough to startle the couple beside her.

"I'm freezing my ti--"

"... Manners," Azusa put a thin index finger to his lips to emphasize the word.

"Errr, I'm freezing my mammary glands?" she answered, rubbing her hands together to create friction.

"..." the male blinked, "... Let's just go... I want to go... home... after escorting you..." he continued walking ahead and the girl simply followed.

"Why do I even need an escort?"

The male didn't answer her and instead continued walking.

After the incident from weeks ago, Kou decided that he wouldn't create another opportunity for Yuma to snake his way to his possession. And so, he assigned Azusa and Kaisei to watch over the girl. This plan was not fool-proof but it was the best thing he can do. That and he also installed surveillance cameras around the areas where the girl would usually go.

Without her consent, of course.

Days naturally passed by with the girl acting normal towards everyone. She was back to her usual vulgar, nonchalant self and was annoying the hell out of them again. It even seemed like nothing unsettling happened except the bandages on her left wrist that signified otherwise. All the Mukami didn't say anything towards the injury she suddenly had and treated her as normally as they can.

"I have never been in a concert before. Will there be any free food?" the girl asked as they finally reached the venue of the event she was committed to for the Christmas Eve.

Azusa free ignored her question and made arrangements with the staff within the vicinity. A woman in casual clothes and ponytail nodded in understanding and handed the girl an ID meant to be worn by guests.

"... My delivery... is done," Azusa informed her and walked away without much of a farewell.

"Wow," the girl airily as she watched the Mukami's retreating back.

He only said three sentences on their entire journey to the arena. He didn't even bother to say goodbye.

Azusa was just as appalling as his brothers. Ruki has this complex where he thinks that he's the most important person in the world and everyone else is just dirt beneath his feet. Kaisei was too submissive for his own good, following any orders from anyone. He fuels the complex of his older brother. Yuma was making her uncomfortable with his advances. She was dating his brother, so it confuses her why he was even trying to make a move on her.