chapter #22

"Ivan "Hazel tapped on his shoulder while calling him.....he didn't answer....
She tried to get up from the couch.Now she was sitting and looking at everyone who was present there .....Hazel then again called Ivan. ....

Ivan:why.....Hazel. ..why did you hide it from me...?

Hazel gluped after what he said and tried to act normal in front of him...
She said..."Ivan. ..I'm sorry ...I know that you are mad at me but I didn't know why I yelled at y.."
Hazel was interrupted by Ivan. ...
Now Ivan was facing her ...he then said.."when were you gonna tell me.  ..huh...?"
Hazel smiled and said

Hazel:tell you what...
After that she looked at Anna who had  a worried look on her face...

Ivan:" that you are gonna die....?

Hazel froze at that moment and tried to change the topic...but now there is no going back from it .....

Hazel: Ivan. ...I'm not gonna die...chill...

With that Ivan stood up and faced  Hazel with his puffy red eyes and kinda yelled at her like she did...
"Look you are still denying the fact that your life is about to end because of me...."

Hazel said with her head hanging low.." that's the reason why I didn't tell you about this...I didn't want
You to Blame it all on yourself. .".

"It's all because of me..."Ivan said while crying ...

Hazel: Hey its ok....I didn't 't wanted to make you feel bad about yourself"

Ivan:how do you think I feel right now...

And with that Ivan stromed out of the house and Hazel told Emileo and Boggi not to leave him alone. ...

She knew that Ivan is definitely gonna come home drunk ...and he'll probably do something stupid....

Now Jimena,Anna and Hazel were left in the house...it was complete silence
Until Jimena said.."you should've told me about it...you didn't keep your promise...."

Hazel : I'm sorry....

Jimena :what do you mean you're sorry....

Hazel : I'm sorry because I didn't keep my promise.  ...secondly....I thought that telling you guys will not finish my problem....Now Ivan is blaming it onto himself....

Jimena stayed quite for quite while. ..but then said "you know .....ever since the accident ..Ivan has become protective over alot of things...when he brought you home to take care of you ...he always talked to us about how he felt when he hit with his car ...he always blamed himself....he was scared ...he cried alot   whenever he thought about you....he always said "What I'd something happened to her...what if she died because of me..." he even said he'll never forgive himself....

Hazel: but why did he cried because of me...he was not in love with me when that accident happened?

Jimena : that's what I'm trying to tell to ....he cares alot about you ....he said that he felt something different when he met you....he still cared about you when he was not in love with you....but now you are the most important thing in his life ......he can never imagine  his life without you. ..he loves you more than anything....but now Hazel. ....you're gonna leave him....

Hazel had tears in her eyes ......ahem looked up at Jimena and Jimena immediately pulled her into a warm embrace.....

Hazel: listen Jimena. ....I'll make things right ....I'll make every moment precious that we spend together ......I promise I'll make him forget about my condition.  ...

Jimena: it's still not gonna change the reality...Hazel. ...

Hazel remained silenced. ..but then started looking for her phone...when she couldn't find it she asked Jimena. If she can use her phone to call Ivan.

Jimena nodded and handed over  the phone to Hazel ....

...........Ivan's Pov. ......
I was still lost in my thoughts ...Emileo and Boggi were still.with me....
The thoughts of Hazel leaving me were killing me and what's worse than that is I'll be the reason behind it....
My phone started to rang and I took it out of my pocket. ...I saw the caller's Id. ...Jimena was calling me...
I was not in the mood to talk to anyone but also I wanted to know if Hazel is OK. ..or not.  So I gave my phone to Emileo because I wanted him to answer....
Emileo answered the phone call and put it on speaker for me to hear whatever Jimena has to say.....

.........on the phone call. ......
Emileo: hello.....

Hazel: hello Ivan. ...please don't hung up....

Emileo: it's me Emileo. ......

I was taken back when I heard her voice cracking through the phone it made me wanna cry more....

Hazel: where is Ivan. ....is he ok....

She's still asking about me....is thought to myself...

Emileo: calm down....he's with me and he's fine...Boggi is also here.  ...

Hazel : Emileo please tell him that I'm sorry......please bring him back home...I want to see him...

Emileo: don't worry ....we will be back in no time.....

Hazel : ok Emileo. ...I'm waiting......

With that Emileo ended the call and gave me my phone back....as I was about to take it back ....he said...
"Ivan ......don't be  too harsh on yourself.....and her...she did it to because she knew what's coming....I know it's hard for you but if she doesn't blame you for her condition then why are you blaming yourself....."

I stayed quite because even if she says that I'm not the cause of it.....I know it's me because i hit her......

Boggi: and bro....you should spend time with her and make more memories with her......don't waste your time in fighting and arguing over things.....cherish every moment of your life......

I realised that what Boggi said is right....

Me: let's go home...she's waiting....

We drove back home and got out of the car......I walked to the door and opened it.....as soon as i opened it is saw Hazel walking back and forth with tears and redness in her eyes....

I stood there for sometime and watched her....but when she noticed me ...she ran towards me and hugged me really tight. ..i did the same.....

I felt good when she hugged me...for a moment i forgot what happened a few hours ago but then the thoughts of me not be able to hug her like this in the near future made me cry ....I cried very much and tightened the hug....

Hazel then broke the hug and said.
" Ivan please stop crying.....I can't see you like this...."

The only thing I was able to say at that time was...
" I love you so much ......please stay with me....."
....
...
...