𝟜𝟜.

I could've chalked up Amelia staying over the first night to her being overly emotional and just needing some comfort

I could've chalked up Amelia staying over the first night to her being overly emotional and just needing some comfort. Even the boob grab she'd let me get away with on the couch was more playful than anything. I'd thought maybe she was confused, maybe she didn't really want me in the way that I wanted her. I could've chalked it all up to that if she hadn't been staying at my place for the past four nights.

"You know, I kind of miss sleeping in my own bed." I lean against my bedroom door frame, watching her change. She's pulling my shirt over her head with her back facing me. Her beautiful hind-end is on full display.

"Didn't anyone ever tell you to knock before entering a room?" She looks over her shoulder at me with an arched brow.

"You're in my home. In my bedroom. Changing in to my clothes. Plus," I make a point of looking her up and down as I walk toward her, "I've seen everything underneath my shirt. Multiple times." I tug on the end of it to make a point.

My hand reaches around and grabs her firm rump. The one only covered by the thin, sheer fabric of her panties. Our bodies are so close to one another, lips just a breath away. I cup her cheek with the palm of my hand and go to lean down to kiss her then her phone goes off.

Damn it.

Our eyes hold each others for a brief second before she jerks herself away from me. She walks over to the bed where her phone is while I let out a sigh of frustration. All I want to do is kiss her; everywhere. But I can't. Not yet at least.

"Hey Rhoen, how are you? How's—" I watch her visibly pale with her mouth hung slightly open.

"Amelia?" I call her name again as she just stands there unmoving, besides a slow hand going up to cover her mouth. "Is everything alright?" When I get in front of her she doesn't say anything to me she just hands me the phone. I tentatively take it and am about to say hello when I hear it. The sounds of Rhoen's groaning on the other end of the phone.

Fuck, Diana— shit! I hear the distinct sounds of slurping on the other end.

Rhoen is getting a blowjob from his ex-wife, and like a fucking idiot, butt-dialed Amelia while doing so. Nice job, mate. I hang up the phone, not wanting to listen to anymore of that, and toss it back on the bed.

"Mellie?" I call out into the condo not knowing where she'd gone off to. "Mellie, baby, are you alright?" I wander around a bit until I find her out on the balcony, looking out at the yard. "You know, anyone looking up can see those pretty little panties of yours?"

She cocks her head over her shoulder and glares at me. "Do you really think I give a shit right now?"

"Not particularly, no." I lean my back against the balcony rail, right beside her. "You alright?"

"Honestly, I feel relieved."

"Relieved?"

"Yeah." She nibbles on her bottom lip a bit as she stares out at nothing in particular. "I don't feel like I'm going to be the bad guy anymore. I've spent days feeling like a piece of shit for wanting to end things with Rhoen, for being here with you. Now I don't feel like the worst person in the world anymore."