𝟙𝟞.

His daughter

His daughter. That girl is his daughter. Jamie slept with his boss's daughter. Of fucking course he slept with his boss's daughter. It was such a typical Jamie type of thing to do. It was so Jamie in fact that he'd done it without even realizing he'd done it. His face is currently paler than the tablecloth which is how I one-hundred percent know he'd not meant to sleep with her. Well, he definitely meant to sleep with her but I know he didn't want to bone his boss's daughter specifically.

"That's the new client?" Jamie somehow managed to sound normal even though he looks like he's going to be sick. I'm sure he is because, from what he's told me, Rhoen is a pretty big fucking deal. This client, Rhoen, the man I'd just shot down for Jamie, is supposed to either make or break Jamie's career here in Vegas. Wonderful. Just wonderful.

"Well, he's not a new client yet but hopefully he will be. We'll have to see you put those sly business tactics and those swift negotiating skills you have to use. Your father has been going on and on about them. I'm excited to see what you've got to offer and your potential." Jamie doesn't say anything he just nods aimlessly which makes Luke's brow furrow. "Is something the matter, James?"

"No, not at all, sir." He's a good liar, most of the time, right about now though not so much. "I just, I uh..." He runs his hand through his dark-red locks uneasily. "The client and I have already met." I doubt he really wants to go into specifics about that particular fun fact though.

"Oh, is that so?" Jamie nods again and I can tell he's trying to compose himself. Jamie is never so off his game.

"Amelia here introduced them." Seth chimes in from off to my right. He sounds amused and I have to resist the urge to kick him underneath the table. "She's already made friends with your potential client. She met him at the airport after the plane ride in from Boston."

"Is that so?" His eyes find mine and I give him a small smile and a nod.

"Yeah, I met him in baggage claim. He helped me with my bags." I try to say it as nonchalantly as possible. I don't want him thinking it's a bigger deal than it is considering Jamie is still working on fixing his face. Mr. Super-Sly-Business-Guy can't seem to get it together. "He seems like a really nice guy." It wasn't a lie either. Rhoen really did seem like a genuinely good person. Hopefully he won't let the situation between the three of us interfere with his business decisions.

"Interesting. Well, let me not keep you from your dinner. It was nice to see the two of you again. It's been a while. You'll have to see Mal and Den while you're in town. Maybe stop by the house for dinner?"

"Of course!" Rae, Jamie's mother, responds automatically. "We'd love to! I miss those two."

Luke gives her a blinding smile and says, "then dinner it is." He gives a nod to Seth and Rae then he turns to me, "always a pleasure to see you as well, Amelia." After he leaves we all just sit there for an uncomfortable moment.