𝟚𝟜.

After we had both come down from our mutual highs we'd just stared a each other

After we had both come down from our mutual highs we'd just stared a each other. Neither of us knew what to say to one another. That wasn't something best friends do. Best friends don't call each other up at three in the morning and touch themselves together. They don't moan each other's names or call them baby while they come. This whole friends to lovers thing has put a serious monkey wrench in our relationship.

All of that is the reason we haven't talked since then. Granted, it's only been three days since the phone sex incident, but still. Three weeks with only a booty call between us; literally. It was awkward. I don't know what to say to Amelia anymore considering my thoughts vacillate between wanting to tell her about my days to wanting to crawl in between her legs. I don't know what she wants from me anymore and, if I'm honest, I don't know what I want from her either.

She hasn't texted me nor I her. I imagine it's because of the cringeworthy way we'd ended our call that evening. I'd had a thick load of cum all over my abdomen and chest, while she'd had a post orgasmic grin when I'd said, "Well, thanks for the chat.". She'd said goodnight and hung up directly after. I may have sounded like an asshole but she was the one who called me horny after ignoring me for over two weeks.

Even now that I'm here in Boston, I still haven't called her.

We arrived last night on Luke's private jet. We're staying at a hotel in Copley Square, close to where Rhoen's subgroup is located, which is where our meeting is taking place. Apparently, some of the numbers and projections we'd ran for them weren't quite right. Rhoen seemed less than pleased that not even his main business nor ours had picked up the miscalculation.

"You ready for this?" Luke asks as he fixes his suit. "I hate having to back our findings but our guy says they can't be wrong." He lets out a sigh, combing his fingers through his hair in irritation. Mr Warner isn't a man who likes to be second guessed and he sure as hell isn't a man who likes to be wrong. If this guy had truly messed up the numbers, possibly costing us this contract, he'd lose his job for sure.

"Yes, I'm ready sir. I made sure Veronica sent everything in to their office before our arrival." He gives me a sharp nod as he watches the numbers of the elevator climb. "Any idea who went over the projections?" I ask curiously.

"Their subgroup's got someone new in finance. That's all I know." Whoever this new person is, I'd bet money they are wrong. The elevator dings and opens before we make our way out. We walk down a large glass corridor until we reach the door that says Edison Industries at top.

The moment we enter we're greeted by an older woman named Betty. She walks us toward a conference room in the back where I see Rhoen standing with another gentlemen. They're in casual conversation as Luke says under his breath, "that's Cole Edison, CEO of Edison Industries, Rhoen's brother-in-law. He runs the Boston side of things and just recently took charge of the company a few years ago, after his father passed away."