𝟙𝟟.

After our dinner with Seth and my mom Amelia had said she needed to go for a walk

After our dinner with Seth and my mom Amelia had said she needed to go for a walk. I'd let her go by herself like she'd asked. I didn't try to pry because she looked like she needed some space. When she'd been gone an hour I called her, then again at two hours, and for each and every hour after that. I even called in between. I'd gotten no answer. I'd gotten no text. Nothing. For the total of five hours she didn't answer me.

I'm lying in my bed staring at my ceiling feeling worried sick about her. I've always been Amelia's person and the fact that she doesn't feel like she can talk to me hurts. I get that she needed time for whatever was going on with her but she would usually at least hint at what that would be. She would never ignore me for five straight fucking hours either. Never on my birthday of all days either.

I blow out a long breath and then sit up in the bed. I reach over and grab my phone to check it once again. There's still nothing. I dial her number and after it rings I hear her ringtone right outside the door. What the fuck? I stand up and go to our conjoined doors when I hear her door open and shut.

She stumbles into the room, almost falling on her face as she does. She looks completely trashed. I lean on the frame and watch as she manages to get her shoes off.

"Really?" I say as I step into her room. "Taking a walk, huh? This is what you'd call taking a walk, Amelia?" She looks up at me and her face has none of the make-up it previously had, had on it. It's completely bare, almost like she'd washed it. Come to think of it, her hair is wet too. "Where the fuck did you go?"

"Oh heyyyy, Jamie." She slurs as she sets her purse on the table next to her. "I did go for a walk and then you know," she starts to laugh to herself, "heard some really interesting things."

"What?" She's making no sense. "Heard some interesting things?"

"Yup. My life is just a joke. I don't even know who my dad is. It's kinda weird." She reaches around her back to try and get the zipper of the dress. I know she's not going to be able to get that off herself. I walk toward her, shaking my head as I do. She's a complete mess.

"Here, let me get that." I grab the zipper and pull it down.

"Thanks, I don't know how I would've been able to get in the shower without Rhoen doing that." I freeze at her words because there's no way I'd heard her correctly. "I don't know how I'd have even been able to get back to the room without him." She starts laughing but I'm still processing the fact that she just spent the last five hours with Rhoen. She looks up at me after she'd shimmied out of her dress. "Why do you have that look on your face?" She even stands on her tip-toes to boop my nose. "Turn that frown upside down, birthday boy!"

"Let me get this straight." I purse my lips and look at her drunken self before continuing. "You have been ignoring my calls for the past five hours because you were with Rhoen?"

"Well, yeah. I mean, you said you were jealous of him." She shrugs. I look her over, her entire body, for signs that she'd done something that would completely break everything between us. "Why are you looking at me like that?" She steps forward and puts a flirtatious hand on me as she slurs, "you want to get frisky? I am kind of worked up already and could use some good dick." Jesus Christ she does not sound like Amelia at all.