𝟜𝟚.

I tap my pen on the table in front of me, continuing to zone out as I do

I tap my pen on the table in front of me, continuing to zone out as I do. My mind keeps conjuring images from the other night and then the morning. That confusing interaction between Mellie and I then coming down the stairs to see her and Adri looking mortified. The fact Denver knows we had a bit of an orgy means that my boss, the one currently rambling off stats in front of me, knows I let two other dudes bang his daughter.

I'm not quite sure what Luke would make of that considering he is in a relationship with a man and a woman. Maybe he wouldn't think it entirely strange? But when I had came into the meeting he had not greeted me or even acknowledged my presence. So I'd say it's safe to say that he's not entirely thrilled that, for my birthday, I'd shared his daughter and slept with my best friend.

The car ride home Adri wouldn't stop talking about it but I'd been all internal thoughts. She talked about how that was the first time she'd ever done something like that and how freeing it was. It was hot to fuck other people in front of your partner she'd kept saying. Apparently she thought it was hot to watch me fuck Amelia too.

I, on the other hand, came to realize that all of my attention had been on Amelia. I think to her eyes holding mine while Rhoen pumped in and out of her. Touching her while she came, knowing that I was who she was thinking about, was one of the hottest experiences I've ever had. Also, extremely confusing.

For the last couple of days I've not been sure what to feel because I feel a lot of things. Pretty much all of the things have been felt but the majority revolved around Amelia and I in the bedroom. That next morning, jumping on top of her, almost fucking her on the bed again then grabbing ahold of her. It's still there, all of those feelings are still there between us, no matter how deep we bury them.

"James?" I look up from the continuously tapping pen, dropping it as I do. "The meeting is over." I look around seeing it's just me and Luke now. Well, this isn't fucking awkward or anything.

I clear my throat before saying, "sorry, sir, I was just lost in thought." He nods but doesn't say anything else before turning away from me. Looks like he wants to have that particular conversation as much as I do; he doesn't at all. I grab my folder and paperwork off of the table before heading toward the door but right before I leave Luke calls my name. I close my eyes before turning around to face him.

"I know maybe this isn't my place." His grey-blue eyes hold mine and I feel extremely uncomfortable. "But Adri is my daughter, so it's important that you listen to what Im about to say."

"Sir, about the other night—" he holds up a hand, silencing me.

"What she does, the two of you do, in that area of your life, is between the two of you. Yes, Denver told me but no I absolutely do not want to discuss that." Oh okay. Thank fuck for that. I stand there, not saying anything, as I wait for him to continue. "I know that you and Amelia have been best friends since childhood. I understand the relationship between the two of you more than you know, considering I was much the same with my wife. I know the complications that can arise when you love someone as a friend and it turns into something else."