𝟜𝟝.

"So, you're really moving in with him? Rhoen seals the last box of my things with tape

"So, you're really moving in with him? Rhoen seals the last box of my things with tape. "This is really it between us, then?"

"This is it." I look around at the handful of things I own. It's quite ridiculous the small amount that was actually mine in this giant mansion of a home. Only a few boxes of things, that's it.

"Amelia, please, rethink this." It's the millionth time since everything went down that he's asked.

I shake my head at him. "There's nothing to rethink, Rhoen. I don't know how many times I have to tell you."

"We were both in a bad place. We both made mistakes. This doesn't have to be over. We—"

"I had sex with Jamie several times after our talk. That wasn't a mistake." He winces at my words. "And you got a blowjob from your ex-wife. Maybe that was just something that happened because the two of you were stressed, like you said. I get it. You needed stress relief or whatever and she was there to give it to you."

"It was a mistake, Amelia. You know how I feel about you. You know I care about you deeply."

"And I care about you too, Rhoen. But this isn't going to work." I point back and forth between the two of us.

"Because of Jamie?"

"Even if Jamie wasn't in the picture it would have never worked out in the long run. Let's face facts. We rebounded with one another. You from Diana and me from Jamie; all the shit that had been going on in my life too. Long term this was never going to work." His brow furrows in confusion. "Think about it." I sigh and lean against the dresser I'd just cleaned completely out. "You've already experienced most of the things I want to experience in my life. You're successful. You've been married, had kids. You've already told me you don't want to have any more."

"Is that what this is about?" He walks up to me and grabs ahold of my hand. "You want to have kids? Amelia, if that's what this is really about we can talk about it." I squeeze his back before pulling away from him.

"Yes and no. It's about a lot of things. But mainly, and most importantly, I'm in love with Jamie. I never stopped loving Jamie. I've always loved him in some way or another and now that I know that I'm never going to stop, it doesn't make sense to continue playing like I don't. I'm tired of playing at this facade that we're nothing more than friends. Even if I wanted it to be true, which for a while is what I thought I wanted, it just isn't."

"I knew it when he was here for his birthday." He curses underneath his breath. "The way he kept looking at you. I thought maybe it was just because, well, we were all inebriated, but his eyes were on you all night. I didn't think doing what we did with one another would end up like this, though. You leaving me is not what I expected."

"Even if Jamie and I didn't have a thing for each other, wanted to be together, I wouldn't have stuck around after you fooling around with Diana." His features fall. "It just proves the fact that you're not completely over her."