𝟜𝟞.

- A FEW YEARS LATER -

"I really like the color." Amelia comes up behind me, placing a soft kiss on my cheek. Her belly bumps into my backside and I can't help but smile at the intrusion. "It's a nice soft color, soothing even. Like a waterfall. Hopefully he'll like it."

I place my paintbrush down and turn around, seeing her palming her full stomach. My mouth finds hers before giving her a kiss. After a few moments I pull away from her with a broad smile, feeling completely content.

"He won't care about the color. He'll be too busy staring at his gorgeous mother." I set my hand on top of hers rubbing our unborn son with her. In just two or so weeks he'll be here with us, in our new home in Newton, Massachusetts. Back on the east coast, just as Amelia had wanted. Back where everything made sense.

No longer were we blinded by the vibrant neon lights of Las Vegas. That lifestyle, everything that happened there, was forgotten about a six months or so after Amelia had moved into my condo. I'd asked Amelia to marry me and that same day we went and got hitched.

Our thought process had been why wait when you knew you were with the one? Our parents weren't fans of that particular logic, though. Didn't change the fact that we were engaged and wed on the same day.  Mrs. Amelia Anderson, now my wife and always the love of my life; my best friend.

"I wonder who he'll look more like?" She ponders thoughtfully. "I hope he has your hair." She makes a point of reaching up to caress it.

"Probably going to be deformed if you stay in here any longer." Seth said playfully as he comes into the room with a fresh can of pain in his hand.

"Really, Seth?" Amelia glares at him as he laughs.

"The fumes aren't good for you, that's all I'm saying." He shrugs as he begins opening the lid.

"We got safe paint." I shoot back at him, trying to assuage Amelia's irritation. "It's not going to do anything to her or the baby, thank you very much." He looks up at me and gives me a disbelieving face. "Seriously."

"Fine. Whatever you say, kid." He pours the paint out before grabbing a roller. The relationship between the two of us was an odd one. Considering he was my stepfather and kind of like a stepbrother to Amelia, it made things a bit awkward. "You want to continue painting so we can get this room set up before the little guy arrives, or what?"

I roll my eyes while Amelia lets out a little laugh. "How about I whip up some lunch for all of us?"

"Oh, I don't think so. I will make lunch for everyone and you will relax. " My mother comes up behind her with a wide smile. She is so excited for the little one she could hardly contain it. "Soon enough you will be getting no rest. Trust me, take it while you can get it. Come on, Mellie."

"Go on, love." I plant a swift kiss on her head before letting her go off with my mother.

"She's happy you're back." Seth said, once the two of them had left the room. "When your sister had told us she was moving to Virginia for college your mother nearly had a nuclear meltdown. Two of her children would be so far away from her, nearly broke the woman. And you know how tough your mother is."