𝟛𝟞.

After Adri steps out, I close the door behind her and then rest my back against it in frustration

After Adri steps out, I close the door behind her and then rest my back against it in frustration. I close my eyes and let out a long sigh before opening them to a curious looking Amelia, who's leaning against her desk. She crosses her arms over her chest as she looks me up and down, seeming to know what this conversation is already going to be about.

Fuck. Tell me Adri did not just tell Amelia what happened last night. But by looking at her I already know Adriana had done exactly that.

"She told you about last night, didn't she?" Amelia nods her head. "What'd she tell you?"

"A bit more than I cared to know." I cringe at that. "Yeah, apparently you two had an accident last night?" Why in the actual fuck would Adri tell her that? I don't say that though.

"Yeah, we got a little carried away. Well, I did. I got carried away and wasn't thinking clearly." Because I was thinking about the woman standing in front of me.

"Are you alright?" What?

"Am I alright?" I cock an incredulous brow. "Yeah, I'm alright. Why wouldn't I be alright?" Probably because I came inside my bosses daughter. I don't let myself linger on that thought though.

"If you were really alright you wouldn't be here right now looking like you're going to hyperventilate. You also wouldn't have ran out on Adri last night after telling her you love her."

"Jesus, she fucking told you everything, didn't she?" I knew Adri had no filter but I would at least think she'd keep some things to herself especially since she knows Amelia and I have slept together. Because she thinks we are just friends now. We are just friends now. Amelia and I are just friends.

"Yeah like how you showed up after our dinner like a raging horny bat out of hell. Then you fucked her like a maniac and then accidentally came inside of her." I feel my mouth drop at Amelia's words. She was never this blunt and straight forward usually. "Then she told you she loved you and you said it back then immediately left." I throw my head back against the door, looking up at the ceiling, and cursing God in my head for the fact the Adri and Amelia are now friends.

"I'm sorry she told you all of that, Mellie. She shouldn't have told you all of that. Adri has no filter and she—"

"I don't care. I told her to tell me." I look away from the ceiling and back at her because I know she's full of shit. Especially if what I was feeling between us last night wasn't one-sided. "I told her about the miscarriage and said it's why you act so weird about protection. Why didn't you tell her about it?"

I shrug. "It's not really a great subject for me. I'd really rather just not talk about it."

"Well, don't worry, I covered your ass because I know your past relationship issues. I know you really like Adri. And I don't know what was going on with you last night but whatever it is don't let it—"