PART 29

✝†✝

Third POV

Frankenstein positioned himself in front of Muzaka's tank while the werewolf scientists diligently carried out their tasks as per his instructions. Over the past few days, he had been tirelessly working on Muzaka intending to awaken him at the earliest opportunity.

Observing the developments around Muzaka, Lunark noticed that the human didn't take a break or recuperate from the recent battle. She understood that his dedication didn't stem from genuine concern for the Lord; rather, he did it for the sake of his masters.

Nevertheless, Frankenstein has kept his distance from his masters since a specific incident occurred a few days ago.

Catherine had been in a state of slumber for several days, replenishing her energy reserves after lending all of it to heal Muzaka.

Her healing efforts were successful, yet they fell short of restoring consciousness. Her abilities enhanced Muzaka's regenerative powers and repaired all internal damage within the body. Now, all that remained for Frankenstein was to sustain the progress. He faced a challenge upon realizing that, with the body healed and maintained, the primary issue behind Muzaka's unconsciousness lay in the Lord's state of mind, which was simply not ready to be awake.

Catherine took her time coming to, sensing stiffness and a chill in her body, but nothing beyond her capacity to endure. Raizel was present in the room as she regained consciousness, ready to assist if needed.

Shortly after awakening, she promptly sought out Muzaka, disheartened by the realization that her abilities didn't reach his consciousness. Nevertheless, she felt grateful that she successfully healed his body. Her curiosity was piqued, especially since the one who provided the information was not Frankenstein but Garda.

Another strange thing is that Catherine did not face any scolding, bitterness, or rage from her mate. He had not spoken a word about the matter, giving the impression that nothing had happened. Despite her curiosity, she didn't dare to broach the topic.

Since that time, The Noblesse consistently kept her by his side.

Today felt much like yesterday, and as the two vampires waited, they had the opportunity to explore the island. Unlike the bustling city, the island was brimming with nature, giving it a unique charm of its own. The couple's favorite spot thus far was the coast, where the sound of the waves combined with the soothing wind and picturesque scenery, especially during sunset. Catherine adored it, and Raizel couldn't agree more, especially witnessing her face light up when the sun touched the water just right. At times, he felt as though he was witnessing a different view, equally beautiful.

Standing on the coast, they relished the tranquil moment as if it were the ideal distraction from their lingering worries, even though they were aware it wouldn't endure for long. Perhaps all the more reason to savor it.

The sun was descending, and the sky gradually darkening. The wind began to blow stronger, yet it didn't stir any concern in the two nobles.

Catherine emerged from her meditation first and gazed at her mate, contemplating his thoughts. Although she could have accessed his mind through their connection, she felt it wasn't appropriate to disturb his tranquil state. Moreover, there was a fear of what she might uncover if she did.

The woman then glanced down at her hand firmly held by her mate. The grip was strong, yet not enough to cause any pain. He clutched her as though afraid that if her hand slipped away, she would vanish. She didn't mind his hold, but a twinge of guilt fluttered in her heart, knowing the motives that drove him in the first place.