PART 9

[Edited: 5/11/19]

✝†✝

Third POV

A thick silence fell between them as they just stood there, staring at each other eyes. After decades of being separated, this is indeed the first time they met. Raizel seems to take his time observing his companion right in front of him, trying to find something different in her and due to the long silence, Catherine starting to shake under nervousness.

The Noblesse slowly lifted his hand towards her face, afraid if he's not gentle enough, she will disappear in slight touch. He breathed out slowly in relief as his backhand touched her cheek tenderly before caressing them. In his touch, her nervousness immediately fades as she shut her eyes, longing and leaning towards his contact.

When Raizel's hand meet her skin, he felt the familiar spark that he longed over a thousand years. Slightly eager to have her closer, he brought his other arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her so there's no longer space between them.

When her body met him, he quickly sensed her lifespan and stiffened. It is very low that he barely sensed it. The feeling of guilt and worry fills his chest as he knew it was because of him.

Catherine opened her eyes as Raizel went tense. Her red eyes went up to meet his and she found sadness. She furrowed her eyebrows in a questioning manner. Is he not happy to see her? Because she broke the promise?

She looked down in shame, "Raizel, I am sorry for breaking my promise."

Raizel shook his head, the broken promise was the last thing in his mind right now. He lifted her head with a slight smile on his face but it still held sadness. "Don't be. You did the right thing and I am glad that you're here."

He caresses her face, his red orbs staring intently at her own. "Catherine, I wish I could do something about your lifespan—"

"Raizel, don't." Catherine smiled up at him. "You know I'll recover in no time. I'll be alright, do not worry about me."

Raizel stared down at her in admiration. How could he deserve this woman in his life? With that thought, he wrapped his arms around her and took her into his embrace.

"Master! What hap—" Frankenstein asked frantically but abruptly stopped as his eyes were set on Catherine. His eyes widened in surprise and relief before he quickly kneels down, realizing that he is facing both Masters now.

The three clan leaders caught on Frankenstein and stared Catherine with a curious gaze. But when they noticed how Raizel hold her and Frankenstein's respected form, they without question followed Frankenstein's lead.

Catherine pulled away from Raizel's embrace but he kept his arms around her protectively. Catherine smiled at the four people kneeling in front of her. "Please, stand up," Catherine softly commands them.

Frankenstein stood up, his lips turned into a smile with a hint of relief. "Mistress, how I am happy to see you here."

"Mistress?" The two of the clan leaders asked in surprise.

Frankenstein glimpsed at the three of them, knowing they have created a lot of questions in their heads, "It is better if we explain it at home," then he looked at his masters, "Shall we?"

✝†✝