PART 13

[Edited: 25/1/20]

✝†✝

Catherine's POV

I flipped a page over, as my eyes greedily read the words in the book. From the corner of my eyes, Raizel silently sipped his tea while Frankenstein stood by him like usual. I could hear the trio humans silently enjoying their snacks from where I am sitting.

The atmosphere is calm and relaxing but soon chimed a beeping from a phone. I assumed it belongs to Tao as he immediately took it before he read it. Tao's face turned serious as he frowned.

Takeo noticed and asked him curiously, "What's wrong?"

The question made all eyes in the room landed on Tao. All except Raizel, who is still sipping his tea, but I know he is paying attention.

Tao exhaled loudly, putting his phone in his pants pocket, "There's a spy," Tao turned to his boss, "We need to check it out."

Frankenstein nodded with a grim face, "Of course. Report it immediately when you're done. Search the spy identity as well."

Right after Frankenstein finished his sentence, Regis and Seira entered the room and they instantly went by next to me. I smiled at them in greeting, closing my book. Before the trio could prepare themselves, I asked loudly, "Can I go with you?"

My question catches everyone's attention, especially Frankenstein. He looked at me in concern, "Mistress, why would you want to come with them? Is something wrong?"

I put my hand up as for denying it, "Oh no. I just want to see how the RK works. I heard about it recently and I am curious."

The reactions in the room are quite amusing. Frankenstein responds with a nervous chuckle, Tao proudly grinned, Takeo and M-21 grimaced, Seira slightly stiffened while Regis cleared his throat embarrassingly. But the reaction that really catches my eyes was a tint of pink on Raizel's cheeks, making me grin. He rarely blushed, I have to appreciate it every time he does it.

Frankenstein cleared his throat before smiling at me, "Well then. Please bring Seira and Regis with you, Mistress. Master and I would feel at peace if you are protected."

I hold the urge to sigh and instead, nodded approvingly as I stood up and went to my bedroom, "I shall prepare myself. Thank you, Frankenstein."

I walked out of the room, not before placing my hand on Raizel's shoulder as in farewell. I heard Seira and Regis' quiet footsteps as we walked to my room. When we're in my doorway, I glanced at them, "I will be quick. Please wait with the others outside."

Receiving their orders, they nodded, bowed before went outside. Finally entering my room, I went straight to my wardrobe.

I asked Frankenstein to give me human clothes since I fell in love with their models and designs. Frankenstein gladly provides and place them neatly in my wardrobe. I looked through my clothes and finally found what I want to wear.

I feel my recent attire disappeared before turning to what I wanted. I walked to a big mirror and observed now my new outfit. I am wearing a white dress coat that reached my knees and white heels boots that the height reached my thighs. I smiled to myself, humans are not bad.

I straightened the dress before walked out of my room and meet the others.

✝†✝