PART 14

[Edited: 25/1/20]

✝†✝

Catherine's POV

After all of that incident, we all went back home and went back to our routine. I was there when the trios reported Frankenstein about what happened, not forgetting about M-21 improvements in his werewolf ability.

A few days later, there's no sign of danger from Union; days went by normally. I don't know how I should feel about this. I feel grateful I got a chance to relax, have a calm and normal day with Raizel and others, but no news doesn't mean there's no trouble. It made feel a little bit anxious.

To distract myself, I decided to read more books. Since the human world has evolved greatly, I feel a need to catch up with new things. Plus, Raizel seems to enjoy his time—sipping his tea in the living room, might as well keep him company, like the old times.

As I was reading, I sensed someone is watching me. Already know who that is, I lifted my eyes from the book to look at him, "What is it, Raizel?"

My curiosity peaked when he shook his head, "What? You know you could tell me anything."

"I am worried about you," He finally admitted to as staring at me deeply, "Humans grow and evolved as they become more aware of our existence. They made their world dangerous by gaining more knowledge but using it for themselves to be stronger. Perhaps someday stronger than us."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "What are you trying to say, Raizel?"

"I am afraid what they will do to you," Raizel admitted, his gaze went away from me, "I saw what they did to Muzaka and I do not want the same thing happened to you."

Despite the sadness and worry showing from his words, I couldn't help but smile. Closing my book, I raised up from my seat and walked closer to my companion. I went behind him, placing my hands on his broad but tensed shoulders.

"My dear Raizel," I rub his shoulder comfortingly, "You do not need to worry. I will be alright. They would not do such a thing—I would not let them. Except, of course, if you told me to, I would do it in a heartbeat."

As soon as I finished, he grabbed my hand as he spoke, "I would never do that to you,"

He tugged it, pulling me in front of him. He held both of my hands tightly but tenderly. Raizel's orbs stared into mine as he spoke softly, "You are my companion, Catherine. I would not let anything happened to you, ever."

I sighed unapprovingly, "Raizel, I am here to protect you. Do not make this any harder for me."

"Then don't." Raizel said firmly but his tone immediately went vulnerable and soft, "Catherine, if anything happens to you—" He paused but it's enough from me to understand.

I kneel both my knees without breaking our gaze, "I know, but that doesn't change anything. It's my job to protect you even it means losing my life."

My words brought a frown on his face but I quickly added, "As long no harm coming to you, I will be alright. If you are safe, then I will be safe."

We both stared at each other for a moment, both processing our words. He caressed my cheek with the back of his hand. I leaned into his touch but still held my eyes on him. Finally, he nodded before kissing my forehead tenderly.

"Master, Mistress—Oh," Frankenstein stopped abruptly on the doorway when he noticed our moment. "I'm sorry. I will be right back."

"You don't need to apologize, Frankenstein," I called to him before he walks away. I stood up not before giving a squeeze to Raizel's hand, "What do you want to say to us?"