PART 18

[Edited: 4/3/20]

✝†✝

Third POV

"Wow, you both still not dead," Ignes said with amusement. She watched Raizel as he panted heavily and Catherine who is kneeling on the ground near him. Her eyes watered, "It really hurts to see you both like that. Why on earth are you doing this?"

Raizel cast his gaze away from Ignes to his companion. He walked slowly and calmly towards her before helped her to stand up. He ignored Ignes' words and cupped his companion's cheek. Looking deeply into her red orbs, his eyes held sadness and hurt.

Catherine smiled at him lightly despite her condition. Her arm protects her lower stomach as she held Raizel's hand on her cheek.

"I'm sorry," Raizel said softly as he stroked her cheek with his thumb, "Because of me, you got hurt."

Catherine shook her head in disagreement then suddenly she felt a force came into her. She felt her wound started to heal and her strength coming back. It's not strong but it's enough. She stared at Raizel in confusion, "Did you—"

"It'll be enough. I didn't open the seal completely, but this will be enough." He stated. Before Catherine could say anything, both of their attention went to Ignes when she screamed painfully.

They quickly realized that Frankenstein just cut her arm off. Ignes angrily turned and stilled when she saw him, "You—"

The human was angry when Ignes tried to run away and got angrier when he found out both of his masters are injured.

"You crazy b!tch," he spat out, his dark power radiating off him dangerously, "Where do you think you're going?"

"Frankenstein, you—"

"Shut your mouth." Frankenstein snapped, "How dare you talk nonsense like that after doing that to my masters? I could never leave you of all people just walk away."

Catherine called his name, bringing his attention to his masters before he bowed, "Master, Mistress, I'll handle all of this."

"Frankenstein, you're still just as arrogant as ever. Do you think I'm still the same as before?" Ignes abruptly spoke as her cut-off-arm started to bubble, "I can create a new arm in no time with my upgraded regeneration ability."

Frankenstein chuckled evilly, pointed out to her arm, "It doesn't look like it."

Cue to Frankenstein's words, Ignes' arm continued to bubble but have no progress. Her regenerate ability is hardly working since Frankenstein's dark power.

"Ignes, you aren't still using the research that you stole me as a base, are you?" Frankenstein smirked when he saw Ignes nervously gulped. He sighed mockingly, "Whew~ Why is everyone going crazy over my work?"

The human raised his eyebrow, "Are you all that incompetent? Or do you just not sense the need to change the data that you use as your base?"

Ignes growled in frustration, "What have you done?!"

"Nothing much." Frankenstein shrugged casually as his power grew larger, "I simply inserted an element incapable of properly resisting my power just in case I ever faced an unexpected situation."

By the time he finished speaking, the dark power has possessed him. He grinned, "But I didn't think that you would find out like this. Since I added it without knowing that you would use my research like this."