PART 27

✝†✝

Third POV

The moment they learned that Muzaka was alive, Frankenstein swiftly packed their belongings and instructed Tao to prepare the plane for departure. After briefing the human trios on what to do in their absence, they, along with Lunark, took off immediately.

This marked Catherine's first time riding a plane, and she must admit, she was a little bit nervous. Though Frankenstein reassured her that she would get used to it, there was still a lingering sense of discomfort. To distract herself from the nervousness, Catherine chose to watch her mate, who sat beside her, and it worked. The feeling of their intertwined hands truly put her mind at ease.

Catherine observed as his red eyes became blurred, surmising that he was reliving a memory, likely about Muzaka.

She heard footsteps approaching their seats, recognizing well that it was Frankenstein. She gave her mate's hand a comforting squeeze, successfully capturing his attention.

Catherine smiled at him, though the warmth didn't quite reach her eyes. "Don't worry. We know Frankenstein will be able to heal him, and we do know Muzaka is a fighter," she reassured.

Just in time, Frankenstein halted next to their seats and bowed to his masters. "Master, Mistress. I will do my best to heal Muzaka."

Raizel nodded slightly. "Frankenstein, there's no need to say that. We knew you would," he affirmed. The sense of trust embedded in his words resonated deeply, and Catherine nodded in agreement.

Frankenstein's heart raced, and he respectfully bowed once more, paying no heed to the disapproving gaze that Lunark shot in his direction. "I appreciate your trust in me."

Several hours later, Frankenstein received information from Tao indicating a problem in the werewolves' territory defense system since Lunark's visit. However, Lunark dismissed the concern, maintaining her belief that the defense system was in good order when she departed.

Frankenstein's mood immediately soured. "If your defense system is down, it could signify that something untoward might have occurred there."

The blond human proceeded to the flight deck for a detailed discussion with Tao. Catherine and Raizel exchanged meaningful glances. As the plane encountered a slight tremor, Catherine tensed with nervousness, but Raizel tightened their grip to provide reassurance. Frankenstein approached them with an irritated expression. The nobles suspected that Tao was probably responsible for the disturbance.

Frankenstein wore an apologetic frown as he spoke, "I apologize, Master and Mistress. It seems we won't be able to have a conventional landing due to some situations on the ground."

Catherine's eyebrows lifted slightly in surprise. "So, are we going to jump out?"

Frankenstein grimaced, desiring to ensure the utmost comfort for his masters during the journey but finding it challenging. He nodded, "Yes, Mistress."

They leaped from the plane and landed seamlessly on the werewolves' territory. Waste no time, they followed Lunark's lead, sprinting forward. Catherine released a bit of her aura, promptly detecting distant signs of a skirmish.

As they ran through the woods, the female noble alerted everyone, "There's a conflict occurring five miles away from here."

Lunark clenched her teeth and snarled, "Someone intruded here without an invitation."