PART 12

[Edited: 20/12/19]

✝†✝

Catherine's POV

I could feel anger and disappointment filled in every inch of my body as I stared into my best friend's eyes. His grey eyes held many emotions but guilt the only thing I could recognize.

I inhaled slowly as my fists clenched together, trying to calm myself. If I let my emotions take control, it will not be good. I found myself struggle since my powers are not sealed. I shut my eyes closed, trying hard to suppress my auras.

"Catherine, I can explain," Muzaka said cautiously. His voice broke my concentration as I snapped my eyes open and glared again at him. Muzaka raised his hands in surrender as he realized he chooses the wrong words.

"Explain?" I asked ridiculously but my voice successfully calm and controlled, "From what I saw and heard, there is nothing you could explain."

I started to take a step forward but stopped when Raizel called me, "Catherine,"

It's a warning. Not a warning to defend Muzaka, but to prevent me from lashing out. He knows, without my earring—my seal, I'm a walking timing bomb.

"You must know the reason why I did it," Muzaka now was the one who takes a step closer to me, "But you didn't know what I felt back then."

I didn't give any response and he continued, taking another step closer, "You just read from someone else's memory, which I guess was from Frankenstein," He slightly turned his head to Frankenstein but quickly turned back to me, "But Frankenstein wasn't there. He didn't feel what I felt."

He reached out his hand to me, "Catherine, give me a chance to explain my actions, please. Let me show what happened through my eyes."

Before I could touch his hand, Frankenstein cut in. "She will get hurt. You know that right? She will not only read your memories and emotions back then, but she will also read all of what you've gone through until the moment you stand right now. Do you want her to?"

Muzaka's eyes widened before abruptly stepped back from me like he just got burned. I looked at him in suspicion and tried to catch his gaze but he looked away. What is he hiding?

"What are you hiding?" I spoke my mind out loud. Muzaka sighed tiredly then his eyes met with mine.

"I do not want to hurt you, Catherine. That's all you need to know."

I feel my red bright eyes got dimmed a little but still held confusion. "Then how about your explanation? You got my chance to do it."

"It doesn't matter, you will understand at the end. Until then, I am going to keep my mouth and mind shut." He looked up to the sky, smiling before went back at me, "It's really nice to meet you again, Catherine. I missed you."

My heart melts at my best friend's words and then I feel all of my rage gone to a thin air. My aura dissipated and my body relaxed. I sensed Raizel stepping beside me as I finally smiled at my werewolf friend.

Frankenstein turned his body so he can see the former lord leave. I noticed Frankenstein's body is still tensed and his eyes still held a hard glare to the werewolf.

I dragged my eyes back to the retreated figure and felt my aura coming back. Before Muzaka could leave the building, his body froze immediately. He turned around to face me unwillingly. His grey beautiful eyes held shock and got widened when they stared at mine.