PART 4

[Edited: 27/9/19]

✝†✝

Both of us, Frankenstein and I are on our way to Lukedonia. Lucinda decided to not come with us and stayed home, saying it'll be better if I don't come with a werewolf. I was uncertain about it at first but she insisted so I set it aside.

In the middle of our trip, I remembered Frankenstein still calling me 'Mistress'. I sighed and decided to talk to him about it. "Frankenstein," I called to get his attention.

"Yes, Mistress?" he responded instantly but I frowned a little bit when I heard what he called me.

"Why don't you call me with my name?" I asked as I glanced at him. As far as I know, we never have a blood contract, I'm really curious about his reason.

We were running across the sea, I am slightly in front of him as he followed me. I need to admit, I am impressed with his capability to match his speed with mine although I slowed down a bit.

"Um, I-It just sounds not right to me. Calling you by your name, I mean. After all, you're my Master's companion. I should show my respect." he said to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows before sighed with a smile on my lips, I set my gaze back my path. "I would never win this thing, wouldn't I?"

I don't need my senses to know he was smiling at me, "No Mistress, you wouldn't."

When we arrived in Lukedonia, I let myself walk calmly. It's been centuries since I left and I want to enjoy the feeling here as long as I can. As we walked together, I could sense Central Knights being aware of our presence. I know it won't be long until they confront us.

Like I expected, in seconds they showed up in front of me, pointing their weapons threateningly. "Hold!" said one of the guards, "Who are you and why you came here?" he continued.

They noticed that I'm not alone, their eyes set on Frankenstein beside me and I saw fear filled their eyes. I glanced at him as he smirked evilly at them. I raised one of my eyebrows, I think they have a history together.

I decided to keep walking and The Knights haven't back down when I neared them. One of them pointed his sharp weapon at my face and I sensed Frankenstein started to move. Before he could do anything, I lifted my two fingers and swiftly swiped on the air. In instant, all of the guards fell on the ground, unconscious.

I carefully stepped over their bodies. "Come," I said to Frankenstein who froze seeing the knights. He snapped out from his frozen stance and jogged to catch up to me. He stared at me in admiration, "How did you do that?"

Shrugging, I keep on walking. "I feel your aura is just like Master," he stated, "So does it mean you have the same power as him?"

I only glanced at him with a smile before shrugging again. Knowing Frankenstein didn't like my lack of responding, I giggled softly. "You will know everything in time, Frankenstein."

Suddenly, I noticed a pair of eyes watching us from afar but we continued on walking. Frankenstein walked beside me, failed to notice as I think he is deep in his mind. Not before long, a shadow stopped in front of me before it turned into a man. He has long blond hair and half of his face being masked. With his red eyes and noble clothing, I know he's a clan leader. He's Rayga Kertia.

He observed me before stared at Frankenstein. I stopped as the Kertia showed his soul weapon, silently threatening me.

"Frankenstein, who is she?" his voice is slightly bored but powerful, he directly stared at me although the question was directed to the human beside me. It's been so long, I guess he forgot about me.

Our red eyes locked, I gave him an expecting look. His eyes widened in recognition and in a blink of an eye, he's already kneeling before me, his soul weapon is long gone. "Rayga?" I asked softly.

He flinched and didn't dare to lift his head to look up at me, "My apologies, Lady Catherine. I don't recognize you in the first place." he apologized, placing his hand on his chest.

"It's been centuries, it is fine. Please, stand up." I command him. He stood up quickly, "What can I help you with?"

I walked again with Frankenstein and Rayga beside me. "She needs to talk with the Lord," Frankenstein answered for me.

"Is it about the Noblesse?" asked Rayga slowly and unsurely. I stiffened.

"Yes. Could you inform the Lord, Rayga?" asked Frankenstein noticing my tensed body. Rayga stared at me with some kind of pity before bowing respectfully to me before he disappeared.

I sighed softly. I just can't believe Raizel and Muzaka went missing. I am sure their disappearance will lead to some big chaos. They are important figures after all; Raizel being the Noblesse and Muzaka being the Lord of the werewolves.

I entered the castle and walked into the throne room where the Lord is, he smiled warmly at me. "Hello, my dear Catherine. Long-time no see, yes?"

I warmly smiled back at him before nodding. "I see that you already met Frankenstein here. Did he treated you well?" he said when he gesturing Frankenstein next to me. I giggled when Frankenstein started to get nervous.

"Everyone, could you give us some privacy please?" asked the Lord to the clan leaders. The clan leaders obeyed and went outside the room. I happily greeted Gechutel by smiling at him. He smiled back before he closed the door behind him.

"So, I hear that you want to search for Raizel?" asked the Lord, straight to the point. I nodded my head confirming my answer.

The Lord sighed and stared at Frankenstein, "Frankenstein already trying a search for him, I assumed, and it leads him to you." said the Lord before staring back at me.

"Indeed, it is true. Raizel hadn't said anything to me. He's just... disappeared. No notes, no trace at all," he sighed, leaning his head on his hand. "I thought maybe something terrible has happened to him. Despite how I badly wanted to search for the Noblesse, I cannot leave my duty as the Lord to find him. I am sorry, Catherine."

"I understand, my Lord. But I will continue to search for him as I need to know what happened to him. Thank you for your time." I said as I bowed. The Lord sadly nodded at me. Frankenstein and I started to walk out from the throne room.

"Catherine," I stopped and looked back at to the Lord, "I do wish the best for the both of you. Please, take care of yourself."

✝†✝

I entered the room, inhaling heavily. I approached the familiar window where he always stood and gazed outside. He never wants more, he always said that this view is enough for him. Through the window, I observed the trees, the ground, and the sky. I smiled sadly, I missed him.

Frankenstein was watching me with his bright blue eyes, "You are just like him,"

I turned to him, tilting my head in question. "You never want more. You're kind—too kind, just like him." he breathed out slowly, "Although you're not as quite like him, your silence is the same." he said with respect in his eyes. His stare landed on my cross earring, "Did he gave it to you?"

"No, I made it for myself. This little thing has the same function as his earring, sealing out powers." I answered while gently grabbing my cross earring.

Raizel knows that I like his cross earring. When he wears it, he told me to make one for myself so we'll have the same earring. Little did I know, he takes my earring and made them seal my powers as his earring did for his powers. I didn't take a mind of it, we both know we need it.

I gazed outside one more time before turning to face Frankenstein. I stared his blue eyes, "Let's begin."

✝†✝

Don't forget to:
follow;

comment;

vote.