PART 22

✝†✝

Third's POV

Maduke's raucous laughter echoed through the area as he shattered every dark spike embedded in his body. "It doesn't matter. Even if you all attack at once, I have the power to destroy you all!"

The others observed him without offering any response or showing a hint of fear. Frankenstein smirked, "Hmm, you're so full of yourself."

Raskreia took charge, issuing orders to the clan leaders, who unquestioningly followed, "Split up and save the werewolves. I'll handle this guy here."

Behind Catherine, Muzaka stared at the Lord of Nobles with widened eyes. "Save the werewolves, you said? Why would you, the Lord of Nobles—?"

"Because it is the right thing to do," Raskreia replied. "We can't let people get drawn into this fight if they're not involved, even if they're werewolves."

Catherine beamed proudly at Raskreia. She had evolved into a formidable lord, much like her father and ancestors. Observing children still lingering behind Frankenstein, Catherine addressed them. "You all better go somewhere safe from here."

Frankenstein nodded in agreement with his Mistress. "You heard her. Things are going to get chaotic here soon, so having you guys here would only be a distraction for us. It would help us more if you were with the werewolves."

The modified humans exchanged hesitant glances, but two words from Catherine made the decision clear. She smiled softly at them, "Go now."

"Very well," "Be careful."

As M-21, Tao, and Takeo retreated, Muzaka instructed Lunark and Kentas, "You guys go too. Don't let them steal your job."

"Sure," "Yes, sir." And they left.

Catherine sensed an overwhelming power emanating from Maduke. An aura so potent that it shook the ground and caused cracks to appear.

"That bastard is still getting stronger," Muzaka scoffed disbelievingly. "Well, this isn't good. Compared to him, my body is still a total mess."

In an instant, Muzaka's arms extended with a pained grunt, causing Catherine to wince. It was not a pleasant sound.

"I never imagined that this day would come," Maduke's arms were now black, resembling gloves, "Being able to deal with you all at once with my power. Will you be able to withstand this power?"

Maduke raised his finger and directed it towards Raizel, releasing a formidable beam. Raizel, Frankenstein, and Raskreia deftly avoided the beam, causing it to strike the ground and explode. 

After the smoke cleared, Raizel landed beside Catherine. Frankenstein stationed himself on either side of Catherine, while Raskreia assumed her position on either side of Raizel. Catherine swiftly assessed her companion with her eyes before redirecting her attention to the laughing Maduke.

"Such tremendous power! This is it! This is the power that I wanted!"

"Muzaka, proceed and engage him," Frankenstein suddenly said. Muzaka turned his head to Frankenstein in confusion, but his gaze stayed fixed on Maduke. "What?"

Frankenstein cast a bored glance at Muzaka. "If you confront him directly, I'll provide support from the rear."

Muzaka became even more perplexed. "So you want me to confront him directly and expose myself to that insane power of his? Meanwhile, you all will attack him properly?"