PART 25

✝†✝

Catherine's POV

Each clash between Raizel and Muzaka makes my body tense up involuntarily. I tightly grip my fists, resisting the urge to intervene and halt their confrontation.

Raizel appeared worn out, with torn clothing and profuse sweat. Blood streamed down from his forehead, eyes, and mouth as he panted while engaging in a relentless exchange of attacks and blocks against Muzaka.

Muzaka appeared battered, sporting wounds scattered across his form. However, it seemed that his fury drove him to assail Raizel like a wild animal, disregarding the need to tend to his injuries inflicted by Raizel's assaults.

All I could do was stand and witness my closest friends inflicting pain upon each other. Muzaka's taunting words echoed, seemingly aimed at provoking Raizel's anger.

"Raizel, don't delude yourself into thinking I'll spare those kids," Muzaka gasped, "I swear, I'm going to end their lives."

In contrast to his words, Raizel's expression remained unchanged. Nonetheless, he unleashed a blood field towards Muzaka, who skillfully deflected it and retaliated with claw slashes. Raizel managed to block the attack, resulting in a powerful explosion. I instinctively covered my face as the blast reverberated with strength.

Once the debris settled, concern gripped my heart as I observed my companion standing weakly, struggling to catch his breath. Additional blood seeped from his mouth and eyes.

"Raizel," I murmured faintly, taking a hesitant step forward. Abruptly, I halted, sensing something trickling from the corner of my mouth. I wiped it away with my hand, only to discover it was blood. A cough escaped me, and more blood spilled from my throat.

It dawned on me that the connection between Raizel and me was beginning to manifest its effects on my well-being.

"Raizel, the more I gaze upon you, the deeper the fury boils within me," Muzaka declared, looking down at Raizel. "You, who had no qualms about obstructing my path to vengeance, leading a content life, and harmonizing with humans..."

Gathering his wolf aura, Muzaka's eyes turned white. "I'll conclude this with the power of this attack," he declared.

A sense of dread settled in the depths of my stomach. No. I couldn't allow him to do it.

"I'm determined to eradicate every human from the face of the earth, beginning with those human kids who stood by your side!" With that statement, Muzaka launched his attack.

I advanced with a resolute determination to step into the fray. However, just as I neared them, an unexpected force shoved me to the side. Caught off guard, I grunted in pain upon hitting the ground forcefully. Glaring fiercely with my red eyes, I observed Garda, whose gaze mirrored my determination but carried a tinge of sadness and reluctance, as if shielding me from the impending confrontation.

Suddenly, Raizel surged forward, charging directly at Muzaka, enveloped in his formidable red aura.

"Raizel!" I screamed in panic just before the collision, causing everything around them to blow away in the ensuing impact.

Once more, I shielded my head with my arm, anchoring myself to withstand the force that threatened to blow me away. Explosions reverberated with deafening rumbles in the surrounding space and my ears rang. As I sensed the area clearing, I raised my head with a heavy heart. My red eyes scanned intently, searching for any trace of both of them.