PART 28

✝†✝

Catherine's POV

Raizel and I stepped back as we witnessed Frankenstein and Lunark fighting in unison.

Frankenstein wore a familiar expression of excitement as he slashed Haydn with his dark spear. Despite sustaining wounds from Haydn's attacks, he fought admirably. I observed his dark power intensifying with each passing moment, gradually manifesting on his face.

Frankenstein appeared unperturbed as he unleashed slashes and blasts upon Haydn, laughing malevolently.

Glancing at Lunark, I discerned that she was strategically directing the fight away from the others. From my vantage point, her figure was barely visible. Despite being aware that she wasn't in optimal condition for combat, I held onto the hope that Lunark could emerge victorious. It was crucial; her people depended on her now more than ever.

The ground trembled beneath me, prompting me to turn my gaze back to the unfolding battle. Haydn lay on the ground, regaining strength. The bloodstone on his chest emitted a radiant shine.

"Fine," Frankenstein sighed, "I'll endure this instead of evading it."

Haydn emitted energy from his chest, and in response, Frankenstein hurled his spear towards him. Swiftly, I erected a barrier to shield Raizel and me from the impending massive explosion.

As the smoke began to dissipate, I observed Haydn kneeling with his arms severed. I looked up and felt relief to see that Frankenstein was unharmed.

"Oh, can you still regenerate?" Frankenstein sneered, "But your recovery speed is slower than it used to be."

Retrieving his spear effortlessly as if drawn by a magnet, he prepared to hurl it once more, stating, "I'll eliminate you before you recover and become a nuisance again."

"Third Elder!" I heard someone shout just before a blast targeted Frankenstein, prompting him to swiftly evade it.

My eyes instantly glowed red as I observed The First Elder stepping forward. "Confronting the Noblesse at this moment might pose a challenge," his blue-lit eyes locked onto mine, "and introducing another noble will only make it more difficult. However, I don't believe we can evade it."

Frankenstein descended in front of us, obstructing The First Elder's line of sight. Despite the imposing dark aura enveloping him, his gaze remained gentle as he looked at Raizel and me.

"Master, Mistress. Please,"

"He discouraged us from engaging in combat," Raizel communicated through our mind link.

"I'm afraid he might be pushing himself too hard," I replied, expressing my concern.

Frankenstein shifted his gaze back to The First Elder, remarking, "You've caught me off guard. I thought my superiors might intervene because of the two of you. No need to hold back any longer; let's get on with it. I knew you wouldn't just stand idly by." Frankenstein's words echoed loudly, prompting a small frown of concern from me.

"Oh, hold on."

Swiftly, Frankenstein hurled his spear, embedding it in Haydn's shoulder. "Did you believe I would simply overlook you?" Haydn screamed in agony as the dark power began to infiltrate his body. Frankenstein chuckled, "I sense he'd recuperate and become troublesome once more if I were to let him be."