PART 26

✝†✝

Third POV

Raizel and Catherine have been absent from school since the incident, leaving the other students curious. However, Frankenstein, who is also missing, remains unreachable for questioning. When the students approached Regis and Seira for information, they deceitfully claimed to have no knowledge of Raizel and Catherine's whereabouts.

Armed with newfound insights about his mistress, Frankenstein opts to remain close to Catherine consistently, although she doesn't fully endorse this decision.

"If you linger here, Frankenstein, your workload will continue to accumulate," the vampire remarked at one point. Her gaze fixated on Frankenstein with deep contemplation. "You have obligations at school."

The blond simply smiled at her, saying, "Don't worry, Mistress. I can handle them later."

Despite her sorrow, she smiled at him, causing a subtle flutter in Frankenstein's heart. He yearned to alleviate her pain, wishing he could make it all go away.

Observing his Mistress, Frankenstein witnessed her sipping tea, her crimson eyes tracking the words in the book she was reading. Although her face bore no expression, Frankenstein now understood better.

"Is Regis bringing the kids home with Seira?" Catherine inquired, placing her cup down delicately.

Frankenstein promptly replied, "No, Mistress. The children wish to play games before heading home."

"Are Regis and Seira heading home with the others?"

The man with blue eyes smiled faintly, capturing Catherine's focus on behalf of the clan leaders and the trios. "Indeed, my lady. They will arrive shortly."

Catherine nodded, concluding her book and placing it on the coffee table. Standing up, she strolled over to the large windows. Gazing at the view, her thoughts unexpectedly turned to Lucinda.

[Author's Note: In case you need a reminder, Lucinda is the female werewolf who was raised and nurtured by Catherine.]

Wondering whether Lucinda resides in this town, Catherine expressed a hope to the contrary. Is Lucinda currently living with that human? Is she leading a content life? Catherine's thoughts then shifted to the ongoing issues among the werewolves, and she fervently hoped Lucinda had not become entangled in those matters.

Curiosity getting the better of her, Catherine inquired, "Frankenstein, when was the last time you encountered Lucinda?"

Frankenstein leaned towards her, his face showing a hint of curiosity. "I think the last time was at your residence when I handed you over to her," he mentioned, tilting his head and clasping his hands behind him. "Would you like Tao to find her, Mistress?"

Catherine pondered the offer for a moment before gently shaking her head. She had resolved to allow Lucinda to lead her own life, not wanting to interfere. "No, I don't. She just crossed my mind, that's all."

The vampire woman easily redirected her mind away from Lucinda, and it wasn't a challenging task. Her thoughts returned to the battle and Muzaka, and her emotions began to resurface. With a tired sigh, she acknowledged that her mind wouldn't find peace for some time.

A beep emanated from the front door, alerting Catherine and Frankenstein that someone else had arrived. They each offered a bow in greeting before settling down in the living room.