PART 1

[Edited: 27/9/19]

✝†✝

The man's eyes peering through me. My body stiffened and I realized that it can't move. I tried to reach him but something held me back. I glanced down at my feet and attempted to move them but it sticks to the ground. When I looked back at the man, I found that he's bleeding.

He is hurting.

From his beautiful eyes, tears of blood came out, running down his cheeks. My heart stopped.

What happened?

He started coughing harshly and he closed his mouth with his hand. From the slip of his fingers, I noticed there's blood.

He coughed again and more blood came out from his mouth. My eyes trained on them as it slowly dripped down to the ground. Every drip fell in slow motion, it feels like it's mocking me.

Soon enough, every drip has made a pool of blood surrounding his feet. I tried to scream—to say something but no noise came out. I keep struggling to get to him but it seems useless.

Stop!

I heard a voice—two voices turned into three voices before suddenly many voices roaring at me, crying at me, demanding me to answer their questions.

"Why didn't you come?!"

"Why did you leave?!"

"Where were you?!"

"Do you want him to die?!"

I shut my eyes and covered my ears, trying to block the noises but their screams still got through. My head is pounding hard and I can't think.

Stop! Please! Stop!

A voice spoke out, louder and cleaner than other voices. It sounds familiar. It did not scream or shout. It sounds gentle and smooth. I recognize that voice.

"Why didn't you save me?"

✝†✝

I sat up, abruptly awake from my sleep. I was panting and my body is full of sweat. I observed around me but everything seems alright. I brushed my hair from my face and repeat the sentence over and over in my head, it's just a dream.

I pushed my own body to relax as I laid back down. I studied at the ceiling, pondering about my nightmare. This dream has come to me more than once, everything is about him.

I decided to get up from my bed and advanced to the bathroom. I stared at the woman in the mirror and breathed. She has beautiful blood-red eyes that stand out because of her pale skin. Long wavy brown hair that ends on her hip, framing her perfect face and body.

My attention focused on her left ear, holding a cross earring. I sighed tiredly, remembering who gave it to me in the first place.

After taking a shower, I felt my clothes changed. The old clothes I wear got torn and replaced with a new one. I strolled to the living room before settling down on the couch.

Someone knocked at the door to get my attention. "Catherine," said the woman that is leaning against the door. She has yellow eyes and soft purple hair. She wore a black formal dress that hugged her body well. I smiled, she looked very beautiful.