PART 2

[Edited: 27/9/19]

✝†✝

I opened my eyes from my slumber. My sight was blurry making me blinked my eyes rapidly until I can see clearly. I glanced around, realizing that I'm in my own room. I attempted to move but my body is still weak.

What happened? Where is Lucy? I tried to remember what happened last time but it came out blank.

I laid down for a moment, staring at the ceiling. My senses are coming back and I sensed Lucinda in the mansion. I recognize her familiar aura although I noticed something is different. After gathering enough strength, I got up from my bed before shuffled into my bathroom.

My eyes widened when I saw my own reflection. The woman in the mirror looked drained and frail. I touched my face, observing how dull my red eyes are. I breathed out slowly through my nose, what really happened to me?

I walked out of the bathroom and replaced my clothes. Now I'm wearing a white shirt, a black pencil skirt, and my dark red boot heels. Satisfied with my attire, I proceeded to the living room and sat down on the couch.

Lucinda came in holding a cup of tea before she noticed me. She screamed in shock, resulting in letting go the cup. I managed to catch the cup with my speed and stared at her.

I realized the difference in her aura now is because she aged. I frowned, didn't understand why she aged so fast than before. Her yellow eyes were a little bit dull as she looked in shock. She grabbed my hand, seemed like testing if I'm real or not. Suddenly with her werewolf speed, she hugged me tight and I almost spilled the tea at her.

"You're awake! You're awake! You're awake!" she exclaimed and continues on. I don't know what to do but I hesitantly hugged her back. I am confused about why is she acting so weird.

"Yes, I am awake?" I said not sure. She's still clutching me tightly as I realized she was crying. My frown deepened and I use my power to float the cup and placed it on the table nearby. Her grip got tighter when I tried to pull away from her.

"Lucy, what's the matter?" I asked softly. Lucinda hardly cried for years and I started to get worried about her.  "Lucinda, tell me," I said while rubbing her back. 

"I-I thought yo-you will never w-wake up." Her voice cracked in sadness and confusion washed over me. 

I waited patiently for her to pull away from the hug. After she did, she is still sobbing. I gently wiped her tears with my fingers and brushed her hair from her face. Regarding her conditions not capable to explain, I decided to read her mind.

"How abo—" My words got cut off as Catherine hunched over like she's in pain. She held her chest and her cup fell to the ground. I feel my eyes widened before I hurried over to her side. 

"Catherine, what's wrong?" I said worriedly, trying to find out what happened to her. But the only reason I could think of is her mate, "Is it him?"

And I was right, Catherine nodded in answer despite her pain.

She shut her eyes and then I saw blood coming out from her eyes, making me gasped. And the rest follows; her nose started bleeding and I feel her aura started to fade. I quickly catch her when she fell from the couch. Tears dripping down my face as she coughing blood.

"What do I do, Catherine? What do I do?" I asked frantically, couldn't hold my sobbing. I watched her eyes getting unfocused and her body went weaker and weaker, her eyes slowly closing. I cried out, holding her tight against me, "No! No! Don't do this to me!"

I abruptly went out from her thought as I remembered what happened. But I still don't understand why she is so emotional when I awake. I was asleep only for days, right?

Seeing my confusion, Lucinda decided to explain. "Catherine, you've been sleeping for 420 years. You haven't wake up since then." My body froze and I stared her with widened eyes. Lucinda sighed before she guided me to the couch, sitting me down.

There must be something big happened that made me sleep that long. With that thought, my mind directly went to Raizel. Something must've happened to him. Is he okay? I need to see him. But, what about his wishes? I don't want to disobey him. But what if he needs me and I'm not there? Like those dreams? I breathed out slowly. My own questions will make me have a headache.

I studied Lucinda before something clicked inside my mind, Did she stayed with all those years? Seeing an older version of her, I wonder what was she doing for 400 years. The thought of her taking care of me when I'm asleep and didn't have experience outside made me feel guilty.

"Lucy, have you stayed since I was asleep?" I asked in concern. She nodded at me, making me smiled although guilt washed over me. "Thank you for taking care of me, Lucy. But didn't  you go outside?" I asked her again.

She widened her eyes in surprise before looking down at her feet, "I'm sorry, Catherine but I did go outside. I'm really sorry. I know I need your permission to do it. But I-" she started rambling but I grinned, glad that she did what she did. "Why are you grinning?" she asked confused.

"It's alright Lucy. I would feel very guilty if you haven't go outside the mansion. I'm glad you did it. After all, you're a werewolf. You're supposed to go outside and seek an adventure." I said calmly to her.

She smiled brightly, "You're the kindest person I've ever met Catherine. I'm really glad you are awake," she said while standing up. I beamed at her back, "Yes. I am too."

✝†✝

I gently blow my hot tea while pondering about that incident. I was asleep for 420 years. I never believed that that could happen to me. Shaking my head, I took a sip when Lucinda came into the room.

"Catherine, there's something you need to know," she said nervously as she stood in front of me. I looked at her and nod at her to continue. "There's one woman named Garda came here. She was looking for her Lord and claimed that Muzaka is missing."

I sucked in a breath, standing up slowly, "What?" 

Lucinda gazed at me with concern, "She said Muzaka is missing. She knows Muzaka likes to hang around but at the same time you got unconscious, he disappeared."

This is terrible. Muzaka is the Lord of the Werewolves and if he went missing then who's take in charge of the werewolves now? Werewolves without a leader could lead to some war. I need to go and find out about Muzaka disappearance. 

Before I could say something, someone knocked at the front door of the mansion.

✝†✝

Don't forget to:
follow;

comment;

vote;