[Chapter 28]:Love

"E-Every...thing...?" I whispered to myself in disbelief, peering up into Hitoshi's puffy eyes.

"No....no....no! Y/N why....w-why did you burn it! It's wearing off!" Hitoshi cried out as he dropped to the ground, desperately searching through the pile of ash that was once suppose to help him forget.

To help him forget all of the pain.

"Hitoshi..." I whispered, staring down at the broken boy as he continued searching through the ash pile for nothing.

I need to be here for Hitoshi right now like he was for me five years ago.

I need to let him know that he's not alone.

If he has no one else...he has me.

No matter what.

I dropped down to Hitoshi's level, letting out a sad sigh as I watched his tears mix in with the last bits of ash that hadn't already been blown away by the breeze.

"Hey...Toshi...look at me..." I spoke softly through Hitoshi's sobs.

He continued muttering profanities through his clenched teeth, keeping his eyes glued to the sidewalk.

I leaned in closer, placing my gloved hands atop of his trembling ones to halt his actions.

"It's okay Toshi...I'm here." I started in a gentle tone, rubbing circles on the back of his hands.

"You don't have to be alone." I continued, leaning in closer to wipe the tears from his violet eyes.

Hitoshi POV

Upon catching sight of the ambulances and police surrounding the alleyway, all of the painful memories began flooding my brain like wildfire.

This is real Hitoshi...

You're a murder...you killed real people Hitoshi.

But...they were scum...

They had lives and family Hitoshi.

B-But...they were going to kill me.

But you'll never know if they really were because they are rotting right now...

Y/N would be disgusted by the piece of shit that you are.

If she only knew...what you did to her.

I-it's wasn't my fault...I-I wasn't all t-there...I didn't know that she was under my control during that kiss...I-I thought-

Shut up Hitoshi...you took advantage of her.

You took advantage of her, and you blackmailed Bakugou to keep him quiet.

I-I didn't.....

Make all the excuses you want, but you love to play mind games...don't you?

No...No...I need to forget...I can't do this.

I pulled the one thing that could end the painful thoughts in my head from the depths of my hoodie pocket.

The last one.

"C-Can you j-just light this...p-please..." I choked out after barely being pulled out of my thoughts by Y/N's presence.

She'll never understand how much I love her.

She'll also never understand how sick you are deep inside...

I let out a broken whimper at the sight of
Y/N burning my last stick to ash.

It's gone...

C/N is also gone.....because of you.