[Chapter 12]:Alive

Warning: mention of self-harm towards the end.

Sirens began to blare in the distance. "This isn't going to end well." I gulped. Tears began to well up in my eyes as I watched the gasoline seep through the fabric of my glove. My heart rate sped up as people began slowly making their way over to me.

"STAY AWAY!" I bellowed, backing up onto the sidewalk by the gas station.

"Hey, are you okay?" A woman called out to me, pushing a stroller as she continued inching towards me. I began to tremble.

"No...no please stay away...!" I cried out. She paused with a concerned look on her face but complied.

I froze as I heard sparks begin to crackle inside my gloves. I shot my head down to my hand expecting the worse but, the gloves were keeping it contained. I let out a breath of relief as I looked up at Bakugou, he was finally recovering.

"Y/N..?" He called out in a worried tone. I smiled at him and Mitsuki with tear-stained eyes.

"I'm okay guys!" I waved towards them as tons of police cars, ambulances and firetrucks pulled into the lot. I swear I noticed a slight smile on Bakugou's face before I heard another crackle. I shot my gaze down as a spark emitted from the opening of my glove and ignited the gasoline on my arm. I didn't even have time to react.

My vision went red. All I could hear were muffled screams and sirens as I dropped to my knees, engulfed in fire and desperately gasping for air.

Bakugou POV

Without even thinking I threw myself in the direction of Y/N, my legs pumped back and forth at an inhuman speed. Mom screamed desperately from behind me trying to get me to halt."What am I doing...." Screams rang out from multiple people as they ran away from the flames, but I continued running directly towards them while drenched in gasoline.

I finally realized what Deku meant when he said his legs just began moving on their own that day when the sludge villain attacked me. Tears began to prick at the corner of my eyes as I desperately barreled towards the scorching hot flames, even though I knew there was no hope.

Firefighters were rushing towards her also. They desperately shouted at me to stop, but I couldn't. Once I was meters away from her, a few firefighters branched out towards me and grabbed me, pulling me away.

"Let...me go." I croaked, struggling in their grasp. Tears began to run down my face as they pulled me farther and farther from Y/N. "I'm...so sorry Y/N." I whimpered under my breath as I watched as smoke continue to rise from where she once stood, smiling and saying everything was okay.

I stopped fighting and squeezed my eyes shut as they began using an extinguisher to try to control the fire. "She's...gone?" I rubbed my eyes in disbelief as I began thinking back on all of the times I yelled at her, hurt her, and made her cry. Regret instantly filled my soul.

When I finally opened my eyes, Mom was at my side. She engulfed me in a tight warm hug, not even taking the time to scold me for running off to certain death.

The firefighters then left us alone and returned to the flames. There were now news reporters in the area trying to record everything even though police had the whole area blocked off. This made my blood boil, all they care about is a fucking story.

"Oh my...God!" A voice rang out in shock. I pulled my head out of the crook of mom's neck instantly. The flames were gone and firefighters were in a huddle around what I assume to be the remains of Y/N. I croaked and began to cry again as mom kept comforting me. My head began pounding as I heard more shouting. Two police officers arrived at our side, drawing my attention away.