[Chapter 14]:Last Resort

Hitoshi POV

Warning: Mention of self-harm

"Why...." I thought as I shot my gaze over to Y/N; furrowing my brows slightly. She was starring down at her phone with a bright smile; texting rapidly. "Even when I was blinded by rage all I did was make things worse...there's no way I can keep her from him without hurting her in the process."

My heart began to ache as I watched her face light up every time the phone buzzed."I need to tell her how I feel before it's too late." I thought as I continued watching.

The cuts on my arms began to sting as I thought back on when I found out she was hurt instead of Bakugou. I remembered how broken I was once I found out she was in that coma. My stupidity hurt Y/N, I deserved every one of the slashes on my arms.

I felt my mood slowly crumble.

We continued walking throughout the lively arcade aimlessly for a few more seconds before I broke the silence.

"Hey...Y/N do you wanna just go home?" I muttered softly; rubbing the back of my neck. She popped her head up from the phone; one eyebrow raised as her eyes sparked with confusion.

"Why...we just got here Toshi." She replied softly as she peered deep into my eyes like she was trying to investigate my every move. As I parted my lips to speak, the faint buzz of her phone jolted her E/C eyes back to it. "I guess she has no time for me now." I thought as lowered my head slightly.

"I'm...just....tired..." I slowly uttered; causing her to raise her head once again. This time concern sparked in her E/C eyes. I felt a deep, dark depression begin to settle within my body. "How do I tell her..." I sighed as Y/N opened her mouth to speak.

First Person POV

"Hey...Hitoshi...what's wrong." I questioned slowly; finally peering up into his sad violet eyes.

I finally took the time to analyze his appearance. His hair was slightly lopsided and matted, his eyes had deep dark bags under them, and he was quieter than usual. I can't believe I didn't notice this earlier. He's been breaking down right in front of my eyes and I'm ignoring it.

I'm a great friend.

I placed my phone in my hoodie pocket slowly as it rapidly vibrated.

"I'm okay..." He muttered; peering down at his shoes.

"No, you're not."

"Toshi...you know you can talk to me...you're not alone." I smiled reassuringly; taking both of his hands in mine. They were trembling slightly."You're definitely not okay...please just talk to me." I internally pleaded as I lifted his chin gently. His eyes were glistening.

"Y/N...when you were in the hospital....I..it really took a toll on me." He whispered; his voice breaking halfway through as tears welled up in his eyes. I knew it took a toll on him. I saw the cuts on his arms. I saw how broken he was the morning I had awoken. Yet hearing him flat out say it, makes me hurt inside.

"I understand...if I was in your shoes I would've been in a dark place, knowing that you were hurt." I spoke softly as I continued gazing into his watery eyes.

"But it's okay now...I'm here...you're not going to lose me." I continued; taking his trembling right hand and slowly placing it on my heart. He flinched slightly at the action but relaxed immediately after.

"My heart is still beating Toshi..." I gave him a teary-eyed smile. His eyes widened slightly, but he remained silent.

I felt the energy between us begin to shift as we maintained eye contact for a few more seconds; Hitoshi's hand still laid softly on my chest. It felt like time slowed and we were the only ones in the arcade. "Why do....I...feel like this?" I thought as I lowered Hitoshi's hand from my heart slowly. His face softened as he inched closer to me.

"Y/N..." He uttered lowly as he placed a soft hand on my cheek. My lips parted slightly as he inched closer. "What's happening..." I thought as my heart rate slowly picked up and butterflies swarmed my stomach. He lowered his head down to my level and moved in slowly; closing his eyes in the process.

"Wait...Toshi...we have to talk about this." I sheepishly muttered as I pulled back. His hand dropped as he shot his eyes wide open. His face tinted red in embarrassment once he realized what he was doing.

"I'm so sorry Y/N...I don't....I'm so stupid." He sheepishly sputtered; peering down at the ground... "Just forget that happened, please...I'm so sorry." He sadly whispered as he shoved his hands in his pockets and faced away from me. I stood in disbelief at what just happened. "He...likes...me?" I slowly came to the realization as I remembered all of those times that Hitoshi had gotten flustered and overprotective over me.

"It's okay Toshi...there's nothing wrong with expressing how you feel," I reassured him, he still had his back turned so I couldn't tell what he was feeling anymore. "We could possibly be more than just friends in the future.....but you just have to take your time." I smiled brightly. His shoulders dropped slightly as he slowly turned back around, facing me. His face was still tinted red in embarrassment but a faint smile tugged at his lips.

"Let's go home." I continued; placing a hand on his shoulder. He nodded his head and began to walk by my side as we exited the booming arcade.

-----------

C/N purred softly in my lap as I locked eyes with Mr. Shinsou.

"At the hospital, we met with Mrs. Bakugou and she volunteered to take you in as a last resort." He spoke softly; wrapping an arm around Mrs. Shinsou on the couch. Hitoshi sat beside me with his arms crossed and a stoic look plastered on his face.

"I can move back in with my dad, I don't want to be a burden to anyone," I replied softly as I rubbed circles on C/N's soft snow white head. And plus, living with the Bakugous would be very chaotic.

"But...Y/N," Hitoshi interjected as he shot his gaze over to me.

"It's okay...I'm not a little kid anymore, I can defend myself." I continued as I gave the insomniac a reassuring smile. He still held that same embarrassed look from earlier as he sheepishly peered down at his shoes.

"It's only the middle of April Y/N...you still have time to think about it." Mrs. Shinsou spoke in a motherly tone as she placed a hand on Hitoshi's knee. "Let's just all be glad you're okay and enjoy the next month." She continued; sending a bright smile to me.

"There also might be a court date coming up next month...for the verdict of the man who attacked you and Katsuki." He spoke lowly as he stood up. "They believe that there is more to what happened that day." He continued with an intense stare. Hitoshi shifted beside me as I kicked my legs forward. "What do they mean there's more..?"

"Hajime, don't overload her with all of that information right now." Mrs. Shinsou spoke as she furrowed her brows at the violet-haired man. He just sighed and began to walk away. Mrs. Shinsou followed shortly after.

Hitoshi continued sitting motionlessly and staring at the ground. I huffed before I stood up with C/N and stood right in front of him.

"Hey remember when you said you could make better sandwiches than me...that day on the roof?" I smirked as his head lifted.

"So you're basically saying you want the best lunch of your life tomorrow." He spoke with a slight grin as he pulled himself off the couch.

"Yeah, I guess...if you wanna call it that. Whatever helps you sleep at night bedhead." I teased; ruffling his messy hair.

He huffed as he marched past me into the kitchen determined. I followed him soon after I placed C/N back down. The cat stretched his limbs before darting into my room.

I chuckled as I hopped onto a barstool. Hitoshi threw on his mom's pink apron and pulled out the materials with an intense look in his eyes. "Everything is starting to go back to normal." I smiled to myself.

A/N: Alrighhtyyy, this chapter was kinda boring to write, but USJ is coming next chapter so that will be interesting to write. Maybe Y/N does have feelings for Hitoshi...

Peace out ✌