[Chapter 17]: Threatened

Kirishima POV

This situation felt all too familiar. I shifted in my hiding spot beside the lockers; eyes glued to that same indigo-haired kid I ran into a few days ago as I barely peeked out from behind the locker. I couldn't hear what was unfolding between him and Mineta, but I could tell it was intense.

"I should intervene..." I held my breath; deep in thought.

Everything inside me wanted to step in, but something was holding me back. I clenched a fistful of my uniform top as I watched Mineta begin to retreat from the tall, furious boy. I didn't even have to see Mineta's face to tell he was terrified. Mineta is a troublesome individual, but there's no way he has beef with a kid from General Studies.

"Come on Eijiro...cowering away isn't manly." I internally scolded myself; preparing to step in. Before I could move, my muscles tensed and my eyes squinted in confusion at the scene unfolding before me.

Mineta was still, and the Indigo-haired boy whispered something into his ear before smirking as Mineta turned in my direction. His eyes were dull as he began to march directly towards me.

"Shit...shit...shit, that has to be his quirk. Mineta's eyes have never looked like that." I panicked internally as I ducked back behind the locker; holding my breath as the steps inched closer. Of course; the one day I'm late to class, I get caught up in this.

Mr. Aizawa is going to kill us.

After a few seconds, Mineta passed right by me emotionlessly and trudged into the restroom.

I shot my eyes back to the spot where the Indigo-haired kid stood before, but he was long gone.

I gotta make sure Mineta is alright.

I sighed as I inched towards the bathroom door; slowly pushing it open and entering. The sound of crumbling paper slowly filled my ears.

"Hey...Mineta are you alright? I saw what happened...and I-

All of the color drained from my face as my eyes landed on a bottomless Mineta standing in the middle of the restroom, trying desperately to shove a bloodied crumpled paper into his rear end.

"Dude what the fuck are you doing!" I whisper screamed; panicking as I rushed to his side. His eyes were dull, it was like he didn't even know I was there. He didn't even flinch as he continuously slammed the crumbled paper into his backside robotically. I took a step back; swallowing thickly as I tried to figure out what to do.

"This is definitely that kid's quirk."

I sighed before I gripped Mineta's bloody wrists and held them away from his body.

"Mineta...dude...s-snap out of it." I sputtered as he began to fight back; hell-bent on finishing what he started. I began to shake him in an attempt to snap him out of it, but his stiff, lifeless body just wasn't reacting to it.

"damn...what do I do." I inhaled sharply; analyzing the situation. There is only one other way I can think of solving this.

"Hopefully this works," I whispered to myself before my palm collided with the side of Mineta's face. I flinched as his stiff half-naked body hit the ground immediately after with a loud thud that echoed throughout the empty bathroom.

"If anyone walks in...I'm done..." I facepalmed as I watched the boy groan in pain.

I stood frozen in the middle of the restroom; regret beginning to rise within me as his terrified eyes met mine.

"What...the fuck...did you do to me?" He croaked; peering down at his bloodied hands as he began trembling. I began to slowly inch towards him.

"Mineta...I didn't do anything...it- " Mineta flinched back against the wall as I extended a hand out to him, his wide eyes were filled with mortal terror. I felt my heart drop into the depths of my empty stomach.