[Chapter 25]: Katsuki

First Person POV

My tired eyes groggily opened to the same plain hospital room that I have seen too many times in the past few months. At first glance, It felt like nothing changed. My water bottle remained beside me and my bag of clothes remained tucked in the corner of the freezing room. That was until I noticed the morning sun rays reflecting off of a metallic object on my chest.

I sat up slowly, cupping the snow-white necklace in my hands as I glanced around one last time.

That definitely means Hitoshi visited and didn't even bother to wake me. I feel bad that he always has to worry about me. If he was caught up in anything like the USJ attack I would lose my mind. I just hope he didn't sneak in like last time.

After stretching all of my limbs with an elongated yawn, I rolled out of the cold blankets that enveloped me and strolled into the restroom with my phone in hand.

A long, tired sigh escaped my lips as I took in the rough appearance that reflected back at me through the large mirror.

Recovery girl did a very good job with healing most of my injuries. My legs were fully functional and my arm was almost completely healed. Only a small scar was visible from where the gauntlet injured me. There were also a few small bruises scattered along my face and neck, but those will definitely heal over time.

I powered on my phone, squinting my eyes as the harsh brightness beamed into them. My eyes widening once I noticed the number of notifications I had.

I scrolled through the numerous amount of messages, but the one that really caught my eye was the most recent one.

Katsuki Bakugou
My room is across from yours, come over in the morning, we have to talk.

I read the short message over a few times, before furrowing my brows.

The tone of that message was definitely off. Typical Bakugou would have insulted me, or at least sent one curse word.

It must be serious...but I also don't want to get into trouble.

I felt my heart begin to race as I thought about visiting Bakugou's room.

After a few minutes, I convinced myself to just go.

I need to thank him for what he did yesterday...anyways.

I slowly walked over to the room door, opening it slowly. Once the door was half-open, I peeked from left to right before hopping over to the other side of the hall.

I knocked softly, nervously playing with my gloves before opening it slowly.

I felt my heart squeeze at the sight of Bakugou sleeping.

He looked peaceful. He lay on his side, hugging the pillow as he released soft breaths.

I guess that permanent scowl that covers his face isn't so permanent.

I tiptoed over to his bedside, bitting the inside of my cheek as I debated between waking him or just leaving.

It sounded pretty important, and he said to come in the morning...

"B-Baku...go...." I whispered, kneeling down to his level to make sure he could hear.

Instead of waking up, he groaned softly and turned to face the opposite direction.  A small chuckle escaped my lips as I stood back up and walked over to the opposite side of the bed, kneeling down once again.

"Hey, Bakugou.....wake up," I whispered once again, shaking his shoulder slightly.

This time, his eyes opened slightly.