[Chapter 32]: Midoriya

Bakugou POV

This is the last time I'll see her smiling.

The report will be reviewed immediately after this festival. All of the lies and secrets will finally be exposed.

Shinsou will be exposed.

I rested my head in the palms of my hands, watching Y/N converse with Shitty hair and the others. The buzzing sounds of all of 1-A silenced as I focused in on her. Simply watching her do that stupid giggle at the dumb shit that Kaminari says, or watching her play with her gloves when she is nervous gives me a foreign feeling. Her smile and laugh are so contagious, and she could light up the darkest room with her personality. My eyes narrowed as they lowered to that same damn white cat necklace she keeps wrapped around her neck like a leash.

I really care about Y/N, and that's why I don't deserve her.

This morning as we prepared to travel over here, she had a new glint of determination in her eyes. I know that she's trained hard for this moment, but that can't distract me from my goal. I'm going to win, and I won't let anyone get in my way. Not even Y/N.

Upon Iida's annoying voice booming into my eardrums, I was thrown from my thoughts.

Y/N POV

"EVERYONE GET YOUR GAME FACES ON! WE'RE ENTERING THE ARENA SOON!" Mr. Know it All boomed. I sent Katsuki a dramatic eyeroll before Todoroki called out Izuku in a threatening tone.

"What's up?" Izuku answered as the dual-haired boy continued walking up to him.

Usually, the freckled boy exudes shyness and nervousness at every moment, but lately, he has been very serious, I rarely even see him smile anymore.

The tension in the room became very thick as Todoroki spoke his next words.

"From an objective standpoint, I think it's fairly clear that I'm stronger than you."

"Yeah..." Izuku responded void of any emotion. All eyes were now glued to the center of the room where the two boys stood.

Izuku had already looked irritated before, but now his eyes held an intimidating glow to them.

"However, you've got the school staff and All Might in your corner, helping you out." Todoroki continued, causing Izuku's eyes to narrow.

What is his problem today...?

"I'm not here to pry about what's going on with you, but you were in the front office talking with All Might and Principal Nezu for hours after school yesterday. Just know that even if you got strings pulled for you in this festival, I will still beat you." He spat coldly. Both boys held intense eye contact for a few seconds before the silence was broken.

"What's with all of these declarations of war lately," Kaminari chuckled nervously as he turned to me. I didn't even respond, instead too focused on the reaction that Kirishima had to Todoroki's words as he stood up from the table.

He looked uneasy.

Kirishima POV

"Hey...what's the big deal, why are you picking a fight all of the sudden," I spoke, trying to keep the nervousness in my tone hidden as best as possible.

Talking to the staff and Principal for hours? I panicked internally; feeling a chill run down my spine as I thought back on the bathroom incident.

I don't want to know what he told them.

The odds of him actually knowing what went down that day are very low, unless he got Mineta to talk. But even if he did, it will be okay. I didn't do anything to Mineta, and once the staff reads all of the evidence we got on Shinsou, I will definetly be in the clear.

Todoroki's response was a harsh shove to my shoulder that instantly rose irritation within me.

"We aren't here to make friends, don't forget this isn't a team effort." The dual-haired boy spoke coldly as he marched past me; leaving Midoriya and I face to face.

Ever since the detective gave all of the information to the class about a potential traitor in the walls of UA, everyone has been uneasy. He advised us to report any suspicious activity to the office immediately.

I haven't talked to Midoriya since that day, and the way that he's glaring at me right now suggests that maybe he reported me as the traitor. As I parted my lips to speak, Midoriya beat me there.

"Wait Todoroki...I don't know what's going through your head, or why you need to tell me you'll beat me." Midoriya spoke calmly, softening his glare as his eyes traveled from mine to Todoroki's.

"And yeah...ever since detective Tsukauchi talked to all of us, it became pretty evident that we aren't here to make friends." He continued, beginning to scan the entire room as he spoke his next words coldly.

" A UA male in the height range of 165 cm to 185 cm....That description fits a good amount of us in here....doesn't it?" He spoke eerily, chuckling softly as his stone cold gaze locked with mine. I swallowed thickly, feeling intimidated by the new energy of the freckled boy.

"Woah...Midoriya, no one in here would ever do anything to hurt their peers..." I spoke out with a wave of my hand, cursing my self internally as my words came out shaky. Before he could say another word, Uraraka hurried over to his side.

"Hey Deku, are you alright, what's gotten into you?" She spoke softly, placing a hand on Midoriya's shoulder as she stepped between us. Once they locked eyes all of the intimidation dropped from his eyes. As Midoriya's speech was haulted, Torodoki scoffed from behind me and took his seat seconds later.

"I'm all good..." I heard him speak as I also returned to my seat.

"Hey, what was that all about..." Y/N whispered over to me almost instantly.

I parted my lips, unable to speak as I held eyecontact with Y/N. Seconds later she placed a comforting hand over my shoulder.

"I know you're probably freaking out over this whole festival...but I know you are going to do amazing. Don't let anyone sike you out. Izuku is probably just as nervous also. Just go out there and be your usual manly self and everyone will love you." She spoke softly, giving my shoulder one last sqeeze before returning to her seat.

A few minutes later the room was filled with laughter and buzzing voices once again.

My entire soul had been shattered within those few minutes and I came to a final chilling realization.

If Bakugou and I aren't able to pin this on Shinsou, im going to take the fall for it. There's no way that Midoriya didn't inform the staff about what he thinks he knows about me. And knowing how Shinsou and his quirk work, it won't be a walk in the park taking him down for the crime.

I won't let that happen though...I won't be wrongly accused of being a traitor.

No matter what.

A/N: This has been in my drafts for 4 months and I just now finished those last 500 words. I haven't updated in so long, I feel like one of those bad authors who never updates. I promise that I'll finish this fic before summer ends though. I'd say I have around 20 more chapters and it will be done. Thank you guys for almost 10K reads. They are really getting up there now. 💕💕

Peace out ✌