[Chapter 33]: Never

"Take your places contestants!" Midnight's voice rang out through the entire stadium.

"I'm not going to hold back...and you shouldn't either." Katsuki spoke lowly beside me as he braced for the start, ajusting his gauntlets and stretching his limbs slowly with a sigh.

Just the shift in his demeanor tells me that he's in go mode just like most of the students here. I don't feel that my energy comes close to Katsuki's right now, so I need to get on board fast if I want to come out anywhere near the top.

I let out a huff before turning to the focused ash blond.

"I won't...." I smiled over to him, recieving a grunt in response as we locked eyes. I also squeezed in a slight stretch before the booming countdown began.

3....2....1.....GO

With a deafening boom, Katsuki shot ahead of me and almost all of the students at an inhuman speed, sending a good amount of wind backfire back in our faces.

Damn....he wasn't kidding

But I should've figured that the moment he declared his win to the entire stadium.

Not taking another second to think, I began pumping my legs back and forth against the pavement at my highest speed as I raced into the small, dark tunnel. This tunnel is definetly too small to hold the hundreds of students currently racing into it.

My entire body stiffened a bit as everyone crammed together in a desperate attempt to get out.

Shit...how do I get out of this

A few bumps and elbows to the gut later, I noticed the lack of familiar faces surrounding me. Not one student belonged to 1A, but that is honestly expected, considering 1A is not even a third of our entire class.

The screams and inaudible voices filling my ears began to throw me into an internal panic as I attempted to keep my gloved hands from rubbing up against anyone around me.

Within the chaos I began to hear the faint crackling of moving crystallization starting towards the front of the tunnel.

Todoroki is up ahead also? Not surprised, damn I'm probably the only 1A student back here. Well at least unlike everyone else, I know what's coming.

Before I could even think about using my quirk to evade the ice attack, I was roughly yanked up and pulled backwards into someone's chest as they swung over the numerous students who were now immobilized by the ice.

Immediately knowing who it was, I lashed out.

"Hey I had that under control you troll doll!" I spat, turning my head to meet a smug faced Hitoshi as he strained to carry us both to safety.

"Yeah definetly...." He teased, smirking as we touched ground in front of almost every student.

Just up ahead of us, a group of 1A kids including Katsuki began racing ahead. The arena was booming with the sounds of explosions, crystallization and the voices of hundreds of struggling students.

"Whatever...thanks I guess, but I'm still beating you." I said with a cocky smirk, instantly leaving Hitoshi in my dust as I took off at an inhuman sprint.

Everyone up ahead is at an advantage due to their quirks that allow them to basically fly. I already know I have no chance against that.

But as long as I beat him....

Right on cue, The violet haired boy zipped past me with his scarf, slowing down just ahead of me to rub it in.

"Come on Y/N....I gave you a head start and I'm still beating you." Hitoshi chuckled as he purposely kept himself a little ahead of me.