[Chapter 15]: Handshake

The harsh ringing of my alarm clock flooded my ears; jolting me into consciousness. With half-open eyes, I flailed my arms desperately in the general direction of the god-forsaken ringing. After missing the dismiss button a good amount of times, I was finally left in peaceful silence. There was no beating heart monitor this time, just the soft humming of the air conditioning and my breathing. Instinctively, I began to sink deeper into the bed; slowly closing my heavy eyelids again. "Just five...more...m-"

"FUCK.." I internally panicked; Jolting myself into a sitting position. I drowsily felt around for my phone once again before lifting it to my face when I acquired it. I groaned as the harsh light beamed into my tired eyes. "It's 6 AM, I don't wanna be early." I pouted quietly as I rolled myself up in my blanket like a worm. I miscalculated the width of the bed, resulting in my lifeless corpse plunging off of the side of the bed with a loud thud. Soon after, my E/C eyes met the glowing sky blue eyes of C/N as he emerged from the depths of the closet.

"Don't do it..." I threatened dramatically as I wiggled around in the blanket, failing to get free.

"Meow." He simply stated before trotting over and planting himself on top of me.

"I have to go to school or Erasertoes is gonna kill me." I groaned as the struggle to free myself continued. In return, I received soft purring as C/N resumed sleeping. I let out an enormous sigh as I laid lifelessly on the floor once again. "I guess there's only one way." I thought as I channeled my inner Aizawa.

I began to slowly but surely slither my way across the room like a rattlesnake. C/N somehow remained latched onto my back the whole time. After about a minute, I peered up at the doorknob. "Welp...I give up." I groaned as I once again laid lifelessly.

Seconds later, light spilled from under the door into the dark room. Heavy footsteps began approaching.

"Hitoshi!" I whisper screamed in relief, causing the footsteps to abruptly pause at the door. The door slowly creaked open, and the lights were flicked on. My sigh of relief was cut short as my eyes met violet eyes...but they weren't Hitoshi's.

"Um...Y/N?" Mr. Shinsou uttered in pure confusion at my appearance. My eyes widened.

"Oh my god...uh...well you see...um-" I sputtered as all of the color drained from my face in embarrassment. Soon after, Hitoshi's purple troll hair popped out from the side of the doorframe. He began laughing.

"Again Y/N...? You're training to be a pro hero and you let C/N and a blanket take you down." He teased as he entered the room.

"Shut up bedhead, I can still take you down any day." I retorted as he lifted C/N off of me and held him. Mr. Shinsou just stood motionlessly in the doorway watching everything unfold. Hitoshi clicked his tongue and handed C/N over to his dumbfounded dad before dropping down to my level.

"Don't...I.....the actual pro hero in training, can free myself." I teased in a dramatic heroic tone. Hitoshi just huffed and backed up a bit with a smirk on his face.

"Go on..." He nodded towards me, crossing his arms in anticipation.

I began tossing and turning within the blankets to no avail. It was no use, my arms were still pinned to my sides and my legs were still locked together.

"Whatever...Toshi please just help me before I burn a hole in this blanket. I have to be in class early today." I groaned as I locked eyes with a smug Hitoshi.

"No..no go on...I'm not a pro hero in training, you got this." He replied in a condescending tone; rubbing the back of his neck with a devious grin.

"Mr. Shinsou please." I desperately shot my gaze up to the violet-haired man.

"I'm not a part of this." He mused with a smile as he walked off; rubbing circles on C/N's head. "Just be ready in the next thirty minutes, I'm taking you to school." He called out from the living room.