[Chapter 1]:Ignite

FIVE YEARS LATER
_______________________________

We made it.

I freeze in place, Yuuei, the school of my dreams is right in front of me. I can't even bring myself to step towards the entrance.

This is the very place that pro heroes like All Might roamed.

I glance up at the clear blue sky, my body overflowing with confidence.

I'm going to carry on your dream Nami, I promise.

"Are you coming, or do I need to make you?" Hitoshi chuckles as he catches up to me; shoving one hand in his pocket, and taking a sip of his steaming coffee with the other.

"I...I just...wow." I mutter as we continue towards the entrance.
"I can't believe we are here, all of the hours of hard work we put in might actually pay o-"

Before I can finish, a kid with cyan broccoli-looking hair trips in front of us, but luckily, a pretty girl with brunette hair uses her quirk to stop his fall causing him to flail floating in the air.

"Wow her quirk is so cool," I whisper scream to Hitoshi, before rambling about her quirk at an incredible speed.

"There are so many kids here, I wonder what kind of amazing, flashy quirks they all have, this is going to be so cool I can't wai-" I notice Hitoshi visibly getting increasingly more nervous as he rubs the back of his neck.

"Oh my god...Toshi I'm so sorry." I lower my voice. I move to rub his shoulder but stop halfway.

You're wearing the gloves Y/N.

This only causes him to become even more nervous, as he steps back; his face slightly dusted pink. Not wanting to make him any more nervous than he already is, I continue walking.

We are approaching the auditorium of the school now, Hundreds of kids are piling into it like an anthill.

We continue walking side by side in a comfortable silence until Hitoshi clears his throat, and turns to me.

"I'm....actually...kinda nervous, I feel like my quirk isn't going to be suited for the exam," he admits, slightly lowering his head. I turn my gaze to him with a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure you're going to do great Toshi, don't overthink it. You're really strong and your quirk is great for hero work, who wouldn't want a kick-ass kid who can brainwash people in the hero course?" I try to reassure him while doing a whole bunch of dramatic hand movements. He softly watches me with a small smile on his face.

"Thank you Y/N." He responds, sounding a bit more confident. I notice a hint of new determination in his tired violet eyes.

Once we make it to the entrance of the auditorium, a man gives us numbers to wear on our chest. I feel intimidated as we enter. Almost all of the seats in the auditorium are filled.

There are so many people here that all have the same goals as Hitoshi and I.

I try not to make eye contact with anyone as we make our way up a few stairs towards the empty seats.

Hitoshi POV

What is this feeling?

I glance at Y/N as she sits next to me.