[Chapter 13]: Bedhead

"Why...would he.....?" I whispered in disbelief under my breath. Tears began to prick at the corners of my eyes as I clutched my necklace tightly. "He probably thought this was all his fault." I sighed as my eyes scanned the room. They landed on a stack of letters by my bedside. I took the first one off the top and began to read it.

   Y/N,  you're so strong, the whole class knows you'll pull through this. So if you're reading this, that means that you did, that's pretty manly, to be honest! Right now the whole class is here, and everyone is writing a letter for you, even Mr. Aizawa. I just want to let you know that we all miss you, and can't wait for you to come back. These last few days have been boring, and guess what...? Iida, aka Mr. Know it all, is class rep now. I can tell that Bakugou is shaken up over what happened, he really cares about you. Right now he is sitting in the corner like he doesn't care, but we all saw the news coverage.  So get ready to join our squad!

-Kiri :)

I smiled softly as I closed the letter. "They all saw....news coverage?" I groaned in embarrassment as I placed the letter back on the table and reached for another. It was from Bakugou. "Does Bakugou...really care about me?" I thought as my eyes scanned the letter. Before I could open it, a nurse walked in.

"You're awake...?" She uttered in disbelief as she made her way over to my bedside quickly.

"What am I not suppose to be...?" I chuckled softly, placing the unopened letter back on the table.

"You just started breathing on your own last night...before that, you were on life support." She replied, giving me a soft smile as she began checking my vitals.

"Life....support?" I whispered in disbelief as she strapped the blood pressure cuff on my arm.

"Yes...it's a miracle that you're awake Miss. L/N." She beamed while writing down my vitals. I sat up straight as I locked eyes with her.

"Who did you guys call to discharge me?" I lowered my voice slightly as the nervousness kicked in. She placed her pen behind her ear as she clicked her tongue.

"So Miss. L/N...you're getting discharged today, but before that, we have two officers that are going to come and ask you a few questions about the incident."

"So who did you guys call?" I interrupted, trying not to sound nervous as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"The Shinsou family was initially going to take you in because we couldn't find your legal guardians. But one of the officers informed us that he was your legal guardian. So you're probably going with your dad kiddo" She replied, giving me a bright smile.

My eyes widened slightly as I gulped.

"What's wrong..." She questioned with concern in her eyes.

"I..it's nothing...I'm just still shaken up over what happened." I muttered while playing with my gloves.

"I saw it on the news...I'm sorry that happened to you guys." She spoke softly. "Many people are calling you a hero for keeping everyone safe before the first responders arrived on the scene. They are calling you 'the miracle child." She smiled softly. My eyes went soft.

"M..miracle child..." I muttered as I smiled weakly.

"Yeah kiddo...you have a bright future ahead of you." The nurse beamed as she laid a hand on my shoulder. Before I could respond, loud knocks rang out from outside. "Come in." The nurse shouted as she left my bedside.

Soon after, the door slowly swung open. My breath hitched as my eyes locked with E/C eyes.

"Y/N....thank goodness you're alright." The devil yelled as he barreled towards my bedside. The nurse smiled brightly as she exited.