𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐡

Twenty-Fifth
:Chapter Twenty-Five:

     "Taehyung!"

The younger turned and saw Hoseok walking towards him, carrying the buckets with baseballs in them.

"What?" He continued to pick up the bat bag, slinging it over his shoulder. This felt like déjà vu.

"Say no if you really can't or don't want to, but can you please check on Jeongguk this one last time?" Hoseok wondered, seeming stressed. "I really can't today and I have to-"

"Sure," Taehyung didn't look at him, walking away with the bag over his shoulder.

Hoseok was dumbfounded, brow cocked. "Wait, that's all it took?" He caught up to Taehyung, appearing to be unsure.

"I said I would, don't make me change my mind." Taehyung said, looking straight ahead. "But you're giving me a ride because I don't want to hurt my knee more."

"Yeah, yeah, sure." Hoseok said, still sounding shocked at Taehyung who agreed without arguing. "Are you guys cool now or something? Have you guys talked recently?"

"No, but I figured I could just give him pills and water and go on about my day." Taehyung said in a nonchalant tone.

Suddenly, it all made sense to Hoseok. "What did you do after the game yesterday?" It was a bizarre question that had Taehyung cocking a brow, it was random.

"What do you mean?" It was so out there.

"Like, after the baseball game, what did you do?" Hoseok said, a smirk playing his lips as if he knew something.

". . ." Taehyung stopped to stare at his hyung, blinking a few times. "Um, well, Jihyun came over and we had dinner with my parents." He answered hesitantly.

"Oh, ah, I see." Hoseok let out a chuckle, walking away from Taehyung as he did so.

The captain caught up this time to Hoseok. "You see what? What are we talking about?" He played dumb but he figured Hoseok knew him better than anyone and could guess what happened.

"That's why you're in a such a chilled mood, I see. You and Jihyun did a little bit of celebrating?" Hoseok nudged his friend, pulling open the door and holding it for Taehyung and some other players who weren't focused on the two.

"Shut up, Seok." Taehyung's cheeks flared bright red.

"I knew it! That's why you're so laid back today! Next time, act uptight like you typically are and I won't catch on to what you and your girlfriend do." Hoseok winked.

Taehyung rolled his eyes. "Just shut up, you didn't need to say anything about it." And the two continued down the steps where they placed the equipment down.

"We should really hurry over, whore." Hoseok was just being playful and Taehyung knew that very well, huffing.

Taehyung let out a sigh, a smile on his lips.

     The two headed back up the steps and left throughout the corridors, heading to Hoseok's vehicle where they both got in.

It was nothing new, nothing different. They had their comical conversation full of jokes, head-shakers, and good laughs.

Hoseok had explained that he was busy with something and couldn't stay to check on Jeongguk so that's why he had Taehyung do it.