𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡

Thirty-Eighth
:Chapter Thirty-Eight:

"So, are you ready for the playoff game tomorrow?" Jeongguk asked Taehyung, taking a sip of his Coca-Cola.

     The two were hanging out again at Jeongguk's house while the aforementioned's father was away at work. Taehyung was only over for Jaeyong but the boy wasn't feeling too hot and decided (after being convinced by Jeongguk) a nap wouldn't hurt.

The two then thought Taehyung staying over for a bit wasn't the worst that could happen. They could just go over tips and pointers for tomorrow's game.

It was their second playoff game and away at that.

     "I guess. I think I'm more nervous than anything." Remarked Taehyung, eyes focused on the high-calorie fast food Jeongguk ordered.

"Well, duh," Jeongguk chuckled. "Who wouldn't be nervous? It's a playoff game, a lost ruins it all."

"Gee, I definitely needed to hear that. I don't think I'm nervous anymore." Taehyung rolled his eyes, picking up a few fries from his container and plopping them into his mouth.

This only made the younger laugh a bit more, hearing the sarcasm drip off of Taehyung's vocals. He set his cup down and turned a bit towards the elder. "I'm not saying that, it's just normal to feel that way."

"I figured that much," the aforementioned said. "You just asked if I was ready and I replied that I was simply more nervous than anything." Taehyung added on, looking over towards the other. "Are you tagging along?"

"To the away game? Obviously. Why wouldn't I come with? I'm apart of the team, loser." Jeongguk replied, pushing up to his feet. He stretched out his limbs just a bit, feeling as he had been sitting there for quite some time. His ass muscles felt rather flat and sore but he kept that to himself and the readers.

     "Watch it, we ain't that close yet." Taehyung warned, eyes up at the younger with a dark glare but it was playful more or less.

"Yet?" Jeongguk cocked a brow, an amused smirk playing his thin lips. "Oh, so you think we're going to get closer? Look at you hoping for a friendship between us."

"Can it, Jeon, I didn't mean it like that."

"You sure did say it that way,"

"Whatever, leave me alone."

"You're the one in my home, if you want to be left alone, go ahead and take the front door out." Jeongguk crossed his arms over his chest loosely, head cocked to the side just a bit with a sly smirk.

Taehyung just shook his head, looking away. He didn't know what else he could say to back up what he claimed or how he could argue against the other. He did say those words without much thought and Jeongguk just so happened to catch the 'slip up'.

     "Regardless, I guess I'm glad you think we can get close. Maybe. I don't know how I feel when it comes to building a," Jeongguk placed his index finger and middle finger on his thin lips, faking a gag. "A-A friendship."

Taehyung gave the stank-eye before he reached for his fries, pulling a small amount and then soon tossing them at the raven-haired teenager.