𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

Seventeenth
:Chapter Seventeen:

Hoseok didn't bring up to Taehyung how he left abruptly the next day when he saw him. He just decided to let the boy sulk in silent, he didn't want to hear Taehyung bitch about it to him how he had to watch the whole game from the bench while the team got their first win.

Hoseok definitely didn't blame Taehyung or was mad at the boy, not at all, but he didn't want to go over it and bring it up. It happened and there was nothing neither of them could do.

Hoseok just stuck to Taehyung's side and would talk about the most random things to get Taehyung's mind off of baseball. It didn't work.

But now, Taehyung wanted to let off some steam in the batting cage, work on his batting for a bit. It was the end of the day and he was ready to practice his swings. The last game he was in, the only game he was in, he had received all three strikes and got out. Quite embarrassing if you asked Taehyung since he was once known to be the best player the team had. Was.

Hoseok watched as Taehyung rolled his wrist with the bat in his hand, stretching his arm out. He stood a few yards back away from the machine, Hoseok managing it.

"Ya know," the elder began, waiting for Taehyung to get ready. "It sucks because the whole team admires you. Or, well, admired you before Jeon came along. I can't imagine how heartbreaking that must be." He commented, missing the look of distaste riddling Taehyung's angered features. Maybe it's what Taehyung needed to get his arm swinging.

"Just start the stupid machine, Seok." Taehyung's voice sounded cold, not hiding the way he was merely pissed off.

Hoseok obeyed, flipping a switch and the machine shooting a ball out. Taehyung swung and missed, cursing under his breath. He had swung way too early and missed the baseball entirely, it hitting the back of the net behind him.

Two second passed and another one came flying, coming in at the perfect angle.

He missed it once more, missing such a perfectly shot out ball. Taehyung sucked in a sharp breath, taking a practice swing as he waited for the next ball to come spiraling towards him which came sooner than later.

Taehyung shouted in frustration when he missed for the third time. Hoseok ultimately switching the machinery off. "Maybe you should take a breather." He commented, furrowed brows. He could sense the stress.

"Maybe you should shut up." Taehyung bit back, brows pulled in.

"Maybe you should learn to hit the ball and stop being a little bitch." The tease of a voice rang in Hoseok's and Taehyung's ears, making them look over to see Jeon himself. His tall and muscular figure standing there with his own bat in his palms, gloves covering his hands for a better grip.

"No one asked you." Taehyung said with venom lacing every single vowel. It wasn't his day.

Jeongguk let out a chuckle, pulling on his helmet. "Oh, really? Funny thing is that I don't need your permission, babes." He picked up his bat, a smirk on his face. "Why don't you let me have a swing, I can show you how it's done."

Taehyung didn't want to but he needed to get himself in order before he continued. He huffed, stepping out of the batting cage where Jeongguk took his spot but not before running his shoulder into Taehyung's, wearing his smirk proudly.