𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

First
:Chapter One:

The name sounded awfully familiar to Taehyung. He couldn't place his finger on it, however. He just knew that he's heard the name somewhere at some time.

The name itself wasn't too common and Taehyung didn't personally know anyone of the given name so when he heard it from Hoseok and Namjoon, it caused him confusion.

He shrugged it off for the most part, letting it wander here and there back into his head. He only could wonder why the name itself was so familiar to him and what caused such familiarity. Perhaps elementary school or that one time he went to summer camp, he didn't know.

It wasn't anything significant but rather annoying that he didn't know. It was like forgetting a word and wanting to desperately remember it, the sound of it lingering on the tip of his tongue.

But, regardless, Taehyung decided against thinking anymore about the said name, knowing he would eventually just meet the person when practice happened later on today anyways.

Which came sooner than he usually remembered since here they were, grabbing the plates and the buckets full of balls to carry down to the field.

Each player had something to carry down. Whether that he the helmets, bats, plates, balls, or just something that needed to be taken down towards the baseball field so they could practice.

The season hadn't started just yet. It would turn up in just a bit over two weeks from now.

God, Taehyung was excited. He was perfecting his pitch and working on it everyday just so he could become pitcher.

He was a junior and only had two seasons left in him which he wanted to spend as a pitcher. It was something he never really thought of until seeing and knowing how important it was to be a pitcher. Sure, every position had the pros of being in that certain position but nothing was like being the pitcher.

He was the captain and was stuck at first base. He loved the sport no matter where he was but his love only increased when he realized how versatile he became.

     "He's right there!" Hoseok's voice rang in Taehyung's ears, startling the younger from his thoughts that vanished the moment he heard the elder.

"What?" Frowned Taehyung. "Who's where and why do I care?" He asked, looking around cluelessly.

"New kid! Coach wants to introduce him to us and explain procedures." Hoseok answered as if it were oh so obvious. "You remember, don't you?"

"Yeah, Seok, I'm not you, I was listening." Taehyung rolled his eyes. "But that's fine, we'll tell him everyone's position. He should know how the positions work."

"He does. He said he use to be the best at his school and had many undefeated seasons. He could help us out." Hoseok praised the new kid thoroughly.

At that comment, Taehyung just nodded without a response. Surely they had their few seasons which they were left undefeated.

Okay, maybe not. But, they did have seasons where they only had one loss which was still pretty damn good.

The Panthers were a great team overall. They always worked hard and practiced for three hours everyday. They had outstanding teamwork, amazing communication, and win or lose, they always stuck together and took what they got as a team. They never insulted one another or belittled each other, always wanting to lend a helping hand.