𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝

Fifty-Second
:Chapter Fifty-Two:

     "Come on! Run! Run! Run!" Yelled out a player from the Panther's team, pumping his fist high in the air. The other players continued to yell and cheer on as Hoseok turned sharp on third and kept making it towards home plate.

He was sprinting as fast as he can, seeing as they got their third out by the first basemen. They needed him to make it to home for them to win the game.

He would be their tiebreaker and that's what kept him running.

     The other team's first basemen turned on his feet and whipped the ball towards the catcher who waited at home plate. It was a pretty throw and made it into the catcher glove but not before Hoseok had lunged forward, diving so he could beat the ball.

     Hoseok, the catcher, and along with everyone else turned their attention towards the umpire who witnessed the whole thing up close. They were waiting for the call that would either be have the game go another inning or be the game-winning point for the Panthers.

"Safe!" Yelled out the umpire, making the hand gesture that signaled anyone who could hear. It meant the Panthers won with just a one-point league but that's all they needed.

Hoseok jumped up and leaped with excitement, running over to his other teammates who cheered him on loudly.

They all chanted and patted on Hoseok's back, grins plastered across their faces. They were so proud of their teammate for running as fast as his feet could take him.

     They wasted no time in cleaning up, telling the opposing team is was nice playing with them and that they had a good game. The team just wanted to get back home, celebrate amongst each other.

Especially now since Minji had announced he was having a party at his house to celebrate their victory. It was short notice but everyone was up for a good party.

     "Good job, boys! You kids did a good job and held on tight! No practice tomorrow but we pick back up on Monday. 'Kay?" Said Coach aloud to the teenage boys who all nodded collectively.

     Taehyung looked back at Hoseok, seeing his hyung speak about what he was feeling as he dashed from third to home; how his heart was racing with every step he took.

The words eventually faded into nothing, though. Taehyung's eyes caught sight of Jeongguk who was walking ahead of him, arm draped around Leehyun's shoulders.

They were close and talking to one another. Taehyung couldn't hear since he was so forced in his own head but he could see the smiles and basically pick up the sound of their laughter.

The elder narrowed his brows just a bit, a frown tugging at the corner of his lips. He could feel something burn in his chest. Anger perhaps.

Taehyung just didn't know why the two had to stand so close to each other. Why did they have to touch like they were? They weren't even good friends.

     "But I made it over home. I swore he got me before I landed but I guess not! I'm not going to argue it." Hoseok's chuckle pulled Taehyung back to reality and thankfully so. If he stared any longer, Hoseok would've totally noticed the raging jealousy flaring up.

"That's nice," Uttered Taehyung. "We're proud of you, believe me." He looked down at his feet as he walked forward, heading towards the bus with his friend and surrounding teammates.

***

     "And to Hoseok! For getting the game-winning point!" Minji cheered, holding his glass of age-appropriate liquid.