𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝

Fifty-Third
: Chapter Fifty-Three:

     "Jeongguk!" Taehyung called out, walking down the hall. He could see the aforementioned's back getting further from him.

He needed to catch up to him and tell him the great news. It still didn't feel too great but this is what needed to happen. This was the whole point; the whole plan.

     As he was heading down the hall, he had passed by Hoseok and Namjoon, not even realizing it was them he passed by. He had his focus on one person and that person was, "Jeongguk! Slow down!"

     "Taehyung?" Namjoon cocked a brow, lips curling down but in confusion. He watched his friend pass by him without a second glance, continuing his way down the hall.

"When— Wait, did I miss something?" Wondered Namjoon who slowly looked back towards Hoseok. He was a bit baffled to say the least. Taehyung's words didn't sound harsh nor cruel. He just sounded like he genuinely wanted to catch up with Jeongguk which was the confusing part of this all.

     "Uh," Hoseok parted his lips, beginning to shake his head. He met eyes with Namjoon, lamely shrugging. "Not that I know." He lied.

It must've been believable enough because Namjoon didn't say anything else. He just looked down the hall one last time before returning to what he was doing.

Taehyung caught up to Jeongguk, grabbing his arm and pulling to make him stop.

It took the younger by surprise, looking back at Taehyung. The moment his eyes met the elder, he hid away his surprise, turning his face flat. He didn't want to do this, not now. He was so bored and done with whatever was going on. At least for now until Taehyung could pick himself up.

"I did it," Said the older boy, no hesitation in his voice.

Jeongguk frowned, confusion now showing through his bland look. "What?" He asked, not sure he understood what Taehyung was talking about. That or he wanted the boy to say exactly what he meant instead of insinuating such.

     "I did it," Repeated Taehyung. "I broke up with her." He clarified, swallowing thickly. "So . . ."

"So? Are you proud of that?" Jeongguk cocked a brow, shaking off Taehyung's hand which was on his arm until now. "We'll talk about this later, Kim. I'm not in the mood." It wasn't mean but it definitely wasn't what Taehyung was expecting.

He was expecting a smile at the least. He thought Jeongguk would be happy but they both had pissed off one another and it only made sense Jeongguk still upset. A few words could only fix so much so many times.

     Taehyung tried to hide his disappointment with a nod, holding the eye contact with the boy in front of him.

Jeongguk just weakly shared a smile before he turned and walked away, not wanting to stand there for much longer. The smile was meant to be reassuring in the least but it felt way too frail to be considered such.

Taehyung knew he couldn't just waltz over to the younger and expect everything to be all great with just a few words. He wished it went that well but he knew better.

     "Hey," Taehyung jumped from his swarming thoughts, being startled by Hoseok who had his hand placed carefully on the younger's shoulder. "Good?" He asked vaguely but Taehyung knew what he was asking.