𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

Eighteenth
:Chapter Eighteen:

Jeongguk threw on a pair of fitted dark denim jeans, pulling his waist in with a black belt. He honestly didn't want to go out for dinner with Kim but he didn't want to lose a friend like Hoseok and Jimin.

Plus, it was more people he liked than not, majority rules if you must. The more he thought about it, the easier it seemed.

All he had to do was ignore Cap, talk with Hoseok and Jimin, and move on with his life. He wasn't being forced to talk to Kim whatsoever so that was good.

Or so that's what he thought.

He was sitting directly right across from Cap, Hoseok and Jimin talking and leaving Jeongguk and Kim way out of the conversation.

Jeongguk didn't even know what was being talked about anymore if he were honest. He was picked up and driven out, everyone finding their seats pretty quickly. It was obvious what Jimin and Hoseok were doing.

It might've been comical to the those two but Kim and Jeongguk weren't having as fun of a time as they were.

The pitcher sighed for the nth time, looking down at his plate. He had managed a few bites out of his burger but his mood was really taking away from his appetite. He had just ordered a simple burger with a side of fries, a small glass of lemonade to accommodate it.

     "Right, Jeongguk?" The aforementioned picked his head up, eyes a bit wide as he heard his name. He didn't think he was actually going to get a word in tonight therefore he didn't pay attention but now he wished he had some sort of idea on what they needed his opinion on.

"Um, I'm sorry, what?" Jeongguk asked, lips every so slightly parted into an o-shape.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, using his straw and stirring his Coke. How he wished he could just up and leave without there being any consequences to follow his said actions. This was going to be such a long and tedious dinner, he just knew it.

Hoseok chuckled, oblivious to Taehyung attitude but anyone could guess it was there. "I asked if you were ready for the next game or not, it's a rival game so it's usually pretty intense." He said, using his chopsticks and picking up a piece of chicken he had, plopping it into his mouth.

The youngest hummed, nodding slightly. "Very ready, we can beat them, sure of it. As long as- . . ." Jeongguk cut himself out, letting the thought linger. Things were pretty okay right now so why he was willing to ruin it was beyond him.

"As what?" Jimin wondered. "As long as what?"

Fuck it. "As long as Kim over here doesn't decide to fuck around and sit his ass out the whole game." Jeongguk straightened his posture, ready to spice things up. "But then again, we won pretty easily without him."

Taehyung snapped his head in Jeongguk's direction, the first basemen lost as to why he was even brought up. "Excuse me?"

"D-D-Did I s-stutter?" Jeongguk retorted, really wanting to play with fire.

"For fuck sakes." Hoseok huffed, running his fingers through his hair. "I'm going to go to the bathroom, can we cut the childish acts by the time I return? Thanks." He pushed up, walking away and not allowing another word to be said.

Jimin was very new to this; the two arguing. He was aware of there being tension but nothing too bad. Part of him forgot the two ever fought. He thought they would at least try to be civilized.

"Whatever, Jeon." Taehyung shook his head, directing his attention down at his chicken tenders, wanting to not ruin this evening for Hoseok and Jimin. It wasn't the time nor the place to start bickering. He was acting mature on his behalf and Hoseok would feel rather proud if he were still at the table.