𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐡

Fifty-Sixth
:Chapter Fifty-Six:

     Top of the ninth inning, Panthers back on defense. The score currently was nine to six, Panthers holding the lead.

Though the Panthers had a huge start, getting three outs immediately, they weren't the only one who could hold a team without score.

It was only until the bottom of the third inning where points really started rolling in, Panthers' getting the first run from Minji who got it through being in a pickle.

     Back to the game, Taehyung felt a bit of pain in his left arm. He's been pitching so much and he was getting a bit exhausted. It's been a long game, both teams really putting up a fight.

The Spartan's would need to score to play the final inning. If no score, then by default, Panthers would win.

     Currently, there was a Spartan player on every base and the Panthers had two outs as of now, anyone's game really.

Everyone was hot and tired, the sun really beating down on them as the spring humidity really engulfed all of their bodies. This only made the game harder to play.

     Taehyung wiped away his forehead sweat, tossing the ball lightly into his mitt to prepare himself for the next batter to get to the plate.

He looked at the upcoming batter, watching as there was pure confidence that radiated off of this player. He was prideful of himself and Taehyung could read such.

It was intimidating to say the least if you asked Taehyung.

He tried not to show it though, that's the last thing he wanted to do. He pulled the ball from his mitt, keeping eye contact with the batter.

Without another second of prolonging the anxious play, Taehyung threw one hell of a pitch. It was one of the prettiest pitches he's made yet it was so perfect for the batter.

The player swung with all his might, swinging straight with no curve up or downward. The ball hit directly in the middle of the bat, flying straight out into a line drive.

The line drive was flying towards Taehyung, it dead in the center.

The captain reacted quick, flinching while holding his glove in front of his head, his nerve and anxiety through the roof as he thought he was about to be the next Jeongguk with a huge concussion.

     His glove was squeezed as tight as his eyes were, mouth pinched tight and face scrunched. His adrenaline was pumping throughout his entire body.

     Yells of glee erupted, cheers of joy and clapping all around. Taehyung opened his eyes and looked onto the floor immediately, looking for the baseball. He then turned his glove towards himself and opened it, revealing the baseball.

Panthers got their final out. The Panthers just won the championship with a backup pitcher.

     Taehyung's teammates rushed all around Taehyung, players from the dugout making their way onto the field and surrounding their captain. They all were patting his back and chanting his name, nudging him from all directions.

     Taehyung thought it was almost too good to be true, no way he caught that line drive and won the game. It felt too surreal.