𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐡

Twenty-Eighth
:Chapter Twenty-Eight:

Hoseok hurriedly pushed up and grabbed Taehyung's wrist, trying to pull him up. "We got to go," he said urgently, slipping his phone into his pocket with no explanation.

The table all had looks of confusion and concern themselves.

"What? Why?" Taehyung hesitantly stood up, brows furrowed.

"I-I'll tell you in the car, we don't have time to worry why." Hoseok looked like he had tears filling in his eyes, fear showing on his face. Taehyung decided not to ask anymore question, quickly grabbing his light jacket and phone.

"Are you guys okay?" Seokjin wondered, also slowly pushing to his feet. "Do you need help?"

"We can't sit here and talk about it until we know for sure. Please enjoy yourselves, we'll pay you guys back later." Hoseok said and dragged Taehyung out of the restaurant.

Taehyung followed his older friend, brows still pulled in out of utter conflict. He didn't know what was happening or what went wrong but he wasn't going to slow Hoseok down in any way.

     The two made it to Hoseok's car and the elder quickly went on the other side, causing a few cars to honk their horns when the boy proceeded in the road without much care.

"Hoseok, calm down." Taehyung urged, pulling the passenger door open and about to get in but he was stopped by a grip on his arm.

He turned and saw his girlfriend looking over him.

"What's wrong?" She asked Taehyung who couldn't provide an answer just yet since he wasn't informed.

Just as Taehyung was about to tell her he didn't know, Hoseok groaned.

"Just get in the car, both of you." Hoseok rushed them, both deciding to listen anyways and get into the elder's vehicle.

Hoseok quickly started up his car and pulled out of the parking space, horns from other cars going off as he merged into the middle of the road.

"Seok, I know we're in a hurry and whatnot but you need to slow down — or maybe tell us why you're speeding in the first place." Taehyung didn't even have time to pull the seatbelt over his petite body, in the mist of trying to pull it over himself now.

"It's Changmin," Hoseok answered, looking so fearful. "He's in the hospital- h-he . . . He got in a pretty severe car accident." He informed hastily.

"As in Park Changmin?" Jihyun inquired, remembering him faintly from when Taehyung and her first started going out.

Taehyung had to take a moment to process what was just said to him. Things you believe could never happen to you or someone you know ends up happening; it was throwing him for loops. He felt like he may have heard wrong.

Hoseok and Jihyun continued to talk but their words sounded as if they were under water, a mix of words that couldn't be understood. Their words were muffled and jumbled together, his ears filling with a high pitch screech, the words in the background getting quieter and quieter as the steady ding became louder, filling his ears.

He sat there, eyes locked on the outside.

To think Changmin was in a car accident, two days after hanging out and having a good time, it was absolutely mind blowing.

Taehyung didn't even realize the tears running down his cheeks until it landed on his hand, a fat tear.

"He's okay," Jihyun's voice brought Taehyung back, along with her soothing touches to help relax her boyfriend. "He has to be. I need you to take deep breaths and try not thinking so negative."