𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

Twenty-Seventh
:Chapter Twenty-Seven:

     "A toast to Taehyung for stepping up and playing his heart out during the game a few days ago against the Red Knights!" Hoseok grinned ear-to-ear, his glass of Pepsi held in the air to represent his toast.

Everyone put their cups up, also smiling happily, all but one but that was expected.

Though, Jeongguk wasn't a total jerk, he picked his cup up and held it, just not high or with a smile on his face.

The table took a sip to follow the toast, setting their glasses down after they sipped collectively.

"And to Jeongguk!" Namjoon said once the glasses were placed down. He saw the bummed look a bit too late to hold the toast but at least he could still honor his friend.

"For what?" Yoongi questioned.

Namjoon frowned. "Well, Jeongguk's been quite hurt these past few days and he's recovering . . . Just thought he deserved a toast. He didn't need to be here at all but he came with anyways."

The table was silence and Jeongguk couldn't feel like more of an outcast than he did now. He sighed and looked down at the menu, trying to decide what he might want though he wasn't exactly hungry anymore.

"To Newbie and for recovering!" Taehyung was in a good mood and didn't want to have some mood-killer kill his vibe.

Jeongguk picked his head up when he heard Kim make a toast to him, everyone raising their cups once more and sipping afterwards.

It was surprising that out of everyone at the table, Taehyung had to initiate it for everyone else to follow through. Namjoon technically started it but after the table went silent, he fell flat.

Jeongguk still felt left out but the celebration wasn't really for him and he knew he shouldn't feel salty about it.

"How's your knee? Jihyun told me how you hurt it pretty bad during the game." Jimin asked, sitting beside the mentioned lady.

"It's much better, it's just sore but I'll be fine, thanks for asking." Taehyung said, looking down at the menu. "Does everyone know what they want?" He asked.

Everyone nodded or answered with a simple 'yes', causing Hoseok to call a waiter over.

Hoseok started off by ordering himself some rice noodles mixed with fried veggies, a side of cut up pork to go with it.

They all proceeded to order what they wanted after that, going down the line.

Jeongguk was last to order, sighing as he looked at the menu once more to clarify what he wanted to eat. "I'll just have fried veggies with a side of white rice." He handed over his menu to the waiter who nodded. "I'll bring it all  when it's ready." He told them and left to go take back the order.

     "When are you coming back to school?" The question was finally directed to someone other than Taehyung which made Jeongguk look up, seeing everyone look back at him waiting for an answer.

Seokjin was the one to ask.

Jeongguk cleared his throat and leaned back in his seat, humming in thought. "Uh, well, I wanted to come back on Monday." He announced, feeling a tad bit awkward but at least he was acknowledged.

"Really? Are you going to come by the baseball field at all?" Hoseok wondered, appearing to be excited for the younger's return.

Jeongguk hadn't really thought about it; going back to practice to watch his team. He knew he wasn't going to be back for two more games if he ever got better and that it was likely Taehyung would remain the pitcher from now until next season. It would hurt him having to watch someone else practice and play his dream position.