𝐓𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

Tenth
:Chapter Ten:

     Practice had rolled right in. The day felt like a breeze, passing by with ease.

Jeongguk and Taehyung completely avoided one another. What helped was Jeongguk choosing to sit with other people at lunch time instead of bombarding Taehyung and his friends.

But practice was the real test. Things weren't entirely bad between the two, if one were to admit, it was just a mild disliking.

     "So, are you going to pass with your boyfriend?" Taehyung asked, jogging beside Hoseok as they did their lap, deciding to chat like always.

"Boyfriend? I don't know how many times I got to say it, but I'm straight, Taehyung, you know this." Hoseok rolled his eyes. "But who is my boyfriend? Is he cute?"

"You're unreal." Taehyung rolled his eyes, waving and greeting some teammates who jogged past them.

The elder shrugged. "If I'm dating someone, I would like to know what they look like at least." He added on, the jog just being a nice warmup for them.

"Newbie."

"Oh hell yeah, he's hot."

"You're not fooling anyone, homo." Taehyung commented, Hoseok being the most homosexual straight man he's ever met.

That reply made Hoseok laugh, hitting Taehyung's bicep. "Hey! He could've been your boyfriend but you wanted to fuck around, not my issue!"

"He definitely wouldn't ever be my boyfriend. Want to know why? Well, first off, I have a girlfriend." Taehyung began to list. "Secondly-"

"Both have to be interested in order to be in a relationship and I can say I'm most certainly not interested in that." Jeongguk's voice sounded, catching Taehyung and Hoseok off guard.

The second younger huffed, the once funny conversation being ruined. "No one was talking to you." He quipped.

"You know," Jeongguk spared a glance over, focusing forward then. "For someone who doesn't like me as much as they say, you sure do keep my name in your mouth a lot."

"That's not the only thing he wants to keep in his mouth." Hoseok cut in, making both boys snap their heads in Hoseok's direction in sync, looking equally disgusted.

They couldn't believe what they were hearing, the sexual innuendo taking them off guard but it made them both shut up which is what Hoseok aimed for. Now he didn't have to hear them go back and forth with dumb replies and comments.

"Now run, bitches!" Hoseok called before he took off, running faster than Jeongguk and Taehyung even though they were just jogging.

They shared each other a look, immediately making faces at one another out of distaste.

Without another word to be spoke, they ran. It wasn't a race, at least not at first. It turned into one when Jeongguk decided to open his shit-eating mouth and anger the captain.

"Do you run as fast as you hit balls? If that's the case, not very quick, huh?" He sounded so cocky. Jeongguk got off to rubbing off his glory and he learned to not do it anymore but Taehyung, oh Taehyung. When he began being a jerk to the younger and when Jeongguk was made the pitcher, it was over. The raven-haired teenager wasted no time to boast about it. He wanted to hurt Taehyung and his pride.

After he said what he had said, he began to run a bit quicker but little to Jeongguk know that Taehyung was definitely the fastest on the team.

Even faster than him.