𝐅𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐡

Fifty-Seventh
:Chapter Fifty-Seven:

"You know, if I knew we were going to walk to our date, I probably would've declined." Taehyung whined for the millionth time, holding Jeongguk's hand as he was dragged along.

"Oh cut it, you big baby." Jeongguk rolled his eyes. "You act like we've been walking forever."

"Sure does feel that way, Newbie." Taehyung uttered, tone annoyed and lame.

Jeongguk pulled them along to this little restaurant. It looked pretty worn down; old. Taehyung's seen this place before but he's never been to or had even really planned on it.

It was just a small restaurant on the side of the road a few blocks down from both of their houses.

"This place?" Questioned Taehyung.

"Yes! I know it doesn't look like much but dude, I swear to you that this place has the best burgers in the country." Jeongguk praised, looking back at the boy. "Little restaurant that rarely gets busy but their food is so good and so authentic. I promise I won't set you up."

"Considering I didn't think you were going to set me up, I think this is all a setup. You're probably going to pitch a baseball at my forehead. Do me dirty." Taehyung squinted suspiciously.

Jeongguk laughed. "It would do me no good, we already won the championship. I guess I'll have to wait until senior year to give you a concussion."

Taehyung rolled his eyes, shaking his head. "How would you even know this place has the best in the country?" Taehyung asked. "Sounds like you should probably not be in the type of shape you are if all you do is go around trying burgers."

"Carbs are friends." Jeongguk pulled Taehyung into the small restaurant, going over to the counter and asking for a booth for two.

The boys were taken over to a booth and each handed a menu to skim over.

Taehyung glanced over the food and it all seemed pretty ordinary. Nothing really struck him as special or jaw-dropping. He wasn't complaining but this definitely wasn't what he had in mind.

Time went by, the two got their sodas and placed their orders in. It was simple and easy going. Jeongguk wasn't lying when he mentioned that it wouldn't be anything fancy. It was rather enjoyable considering Taehyung didn't need to worry about what to wear, how to look, if he smelled overly pleasant, or anything.

The dress code was casual and relaxed and Taehyung did that anyway most of the time.

"I almost contemplated bringing Jaeyong along." Jeongguk spoke up, playing with a piece of straw paper.

"Why didn't you?" Taehyung asked.

"Well, it's a date between you and me. Not him and you. Sometimes I think he has a little crush on you with how much he asks to see you. You're not even that special." Jeongguk wore a playful smirk, peaking up through his black hair to see Taehyung scoff.

"You wish that were accurate, Newbie, but what can I say? I have that type of charm going on for me." He shrugged, leaning back like he was the man. Taehyung wore a smug look, wiggling his eyebrows at the boy ahead of him.

Jeongguk turned his head and covered his mouth, faking a gag. "Excuse me, I think I'm going to be sick." He joked around.

Before he could even laugh, he winced sharply and flew his hand down to his shin where Taehyung kicked him.

"Watch it, you're not leaving a good first impression." Commented the blond, looking away.

Before the two knew it, two burgers were brought out with a lump of fries accompanying both plates.